Slow file navigation and access RRS feed

• Question

• In Remote desktop it takes FOREVER to navigate through the file system, and when streaming to my xboxs it takes just as long.  I have no idea why, I do get file conflicts everyday, but just for random files in random places, and not even the files I am trying to access
    I have the stock 500GB system drive, 2 WD 1TB green drives and a seagate 1.5 TB drive, I have about 1TB of free space out of 3.64 TB any ideas?
    EDIT: If i type the folder address into the windows explorer it goes there with no problem, otherwise it takes forever to list the files
    • Edited by TheSiege Saturday, February 13, 2010 11:35 PM update
    Saturday, February 13, 2010 11:32 PM

All replies

• Which HomeServer do you have Acer, HP, ... ?

--
    Sunday, February 14, 2010 2:34 AM
  • HP mediasmart
    Sunday, February 14, 2010 3:08 AM
  • Have you installed any add-ins.  These might be slowing it down.    Also the firefly media server can slow the system down.    Try disbaled the media servers for now and see if that solves the problem for now.
    --
    Sunday, February 14, 2010 12:42 PM
  • i think its a failing hard drive
    Sunday, February 14, 2010 2:59 PM
  • ok so it was a failing Hard drive issue.  And WHC wouldnt let me remove it, it was having problems,
    So i removed it and hooked up to a usb to a client computer to transfer files over, but the tombstones are still there for when the drive was connected, how do i over come this?
    Sunday, February 14, 2010 3:15 PM
  • From the console, did you try removing the drive (that should now be reported as missing)
    You will loose any non-duplicated file that was on WHS and possibly part of the WHS backup database.

(You can add missing files later using any files you salvaged from the failing drive)

- Theo.
    No home server like Home Server
    Sunday, February 14, 2010 11:47 PM