Validation of Suppliers and Keys RRS feed

• General discussion

• On a lot of the related forums I have read an overwelming issue seems to appear.  You have a lot of people, me included, that are trying to purchase software that are being screwed because there is no way to validate if the supplier is a valid microsoft vender or if a key is purchased,  the key will pass long term validation

I purchased a version of Windows 7 Pro on a USB drive with a key in a text file found on the USB.  The software installed and validated as Genuine.  I stalled Microsoft Essentials and again the software passes validation.  Six weeks later I am forced to reinstall the OS to overcome a corrupted driver issue affecting the DVD and all of the sudden the key is blocked.

I find it almost unbelievable that I could purchase software with key, install and have Microsoft say it is genuine, more than once, and six weeks  later Microsoft decides it is not genuine. 

I understand Microsoft trying to protect its product from proliferation and I want to purchase a Genuine OS at the best possible price, but how is the consumer to trust or know that anything they purchase(s) connected to Microsoft is valid if Microsoft doesn’t know or cannot make up its own mind.

On several locations in  forums it has been stated only buy from reputable dealers. How is one two know? Where is your Black List of sellers?  I purchase one copy from a dealer install and validated as a test and Microsoft said Good Boy it is Genuine,  more than once, so I purchase more copies to install in the computers I sell and six weeks I find out there is a problem.   What the H-e- double LL is going on here.  You collect the computer info during the validation process, you run your checks, and if accepted save the info on your server, then continue to accept the OS as Genuine as long as it is connect to the same hadware.  This would seems simple for a Multi-Billion Dollar Corporation. Why are we left rolling the dice - hoping not to be blocked someday?

How are we to know?????  Where should we go to research??? 

Also no indication of why it was suddenly Blocked just the middle finger.

Sincerely;
    Richard T Britt Jr
    Soggy Bottom Computers

• Edited by SoggyBottomComputers.com Thursday, September 2, 2010 3:52 PM
    • Moved by Darin Smith MSModerator Thursday, September 2, 2010 5:47 PM Not a Technical Issue. Moving to Feedback Forum (From:Windows 7 Genuine Advantage Validation Issues (Windows 7))
    Thursday, September 2, 2010 3:13 PM

All replies

• The  Microsoft Store is the safest place to purchase genuine Microsoft software.  Shopping around the 'net for better pricing is too dangerous since a lot of software pirates can put up a web site in a moments notice and pretend to be something they're not.
    Carey Frisch
    Thursday, September 2, 2010 3:30 PM
  • "SoggyBottomComputers.com" wrote in message news:c5252e58-a4a6-479d-ab69-527560bf870f...

On a lot of the related forums I have read an overwelming issue seems to appear.  You have a lot of people, me included, that are trying to purchase software that are being screwed because there is no way to validate if the supplier is a valid microsoft vender or if a key is purchased,  the key will pass long term validation

I purchased a version of Windows 7 Pro on a USB drive with a key in a text file found on the USB.  The software installed and validated as Genuine.  I stalled Microsoft Essentials and again the software passes validation.  Six weeks later I am forced to reinstall the OS to overcome a corrupted driver issue affecting the DVD and all of the sudden the key is blocked.

I find it almost unbelievable that I could purchase software with key, install and have Microsoft say it is genuine, more than once, and six weeks  later Microsoft decides it is not genuine. 

I understand Microsoft trying to protect its product from proliferation and I want to purchase a Genuine OS at the best possible price, but how is the consumer to trust or know that anything they purchase(s) connected to Microsoft is valid if Microsoft doesn’t know or cannot make up its own mind.

On several locations in  forums it has been stated only buy from reputable dealers. How is one two know? Where is your Black List of sellers?  I purchase one copy from a dealer install and validated as a test and Microsoft said Good Boy it is Genuine,  more than once, so I purchase more copies to install in the computers I sell and six weeks I find out there is a problem.   What the H-e- double LL is going on here.  You collect the computer info during the validation process, you run your checks, and if accepted save the info on your server, then continue to accept the OS as Genuine as long as it is connect to the same hadware.  This would seems simple for a Multi-Billion Dollar Corporation. Why are we left rolling the dice - hoping not to be blocked someday?

How are we to know?????  Where should we go to research??? 

Also no indication of why it was suddenly Blocked just the middle finger.

Sincerely;
    Richard T Britt Jr
    Soggy Bottom Computers

Please read the following....

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Thursday, September 2, 2010 7:18 PM