MSIT Academy Troubles RRS feed

• Question

• I am the Career Technology Technician Project Manager here at Durham Public Schools. My name is Brett Thomas.

I've been dealing with a very unusual and unfaltering issue involving the use of your MSIT Academy website.

At all of our schools students can simply login to the website and begin their course or resume at any time with no problems.

There is however one school(City of Medicine Academy) that cannot start or resume a course.

It is literally one classroom that cannot access it. The students are currently using Dell Optiplex 990s with Windows 7 Professional on them. I have made sure that the software is updated(windows installer, Java, flash on all browsers, silverlight, IE, FF, Chrome, reader, Office 2010, etc. on all of the machines along with the group policies(and disabling popup blocker). These are all about 8 month old machines at this point. 

Each student can access the website, login, and browse through their courses without any issues. After they choose "Begin Course" or "Resume Course" generally nothing happens. They can click the "Compatibility" button and it seems to change it to a 50%(ish) chance to actually open up the extra windows that it should open. If/When it does pop up, a bunch of errors generally occur. Silverlight and Flash related depending on what they are clicking in the new window(s). Even when they turn the compatibility back off and try to open it up again, it still receives constant errors. 

I am very confused to say the least, as I have checked with our Web filter squad, Accounts crew, and Group Policies team for any possible restrictions or anything in comparison to other OUs or classrooms that show difference in settings. I have also tried everything I can personally think of besides Imaging the machine(which I really don't think that would work but it's getting to the point of desperation). 

I'm contacting you in hopes of there being some kind of windows setting that could possibly be doing this that I am missing. Is there anything you can do to help me with this? I can provide any information necessary. 

Thursday, May 31, 2012 4:32 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Kazuma5201,

You will need to contact Microsoft directly as this is something that can't be rectified via this or any other Microsoft forum.  Contact details can be found here http://support.microsoft.com/gp/ContactUsLearn?sd=lrn&LN=en-AU

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCSD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Twitter: @Mr_Wharty
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Thursday, May 31, 2012 11:09 PM
  • Thank you.
    Friday, June 1, 2012 2:15 PM
  • Khuzama

can you please do two things "while talking to MS"

1. post the error message that you get

2. let me know what is the Browser that you are using on these machines ?

Thank you

I am Supporting WP7 but please keep improving it MS.

Friday, June 1, 2012 2:29 PM
  • I've tried IE first, Firefox, then Chrome. In IE it just won't do anything after they are signed in and click on the "Resume" or "Begin" button when they choose a course. They click, nothing happens. 

In firefox the extra window pops up after they click Begin and the turning red/yellow/green/blue dial spins but never loads anything after. 

Same for Chrome.

The error's I'm receiving is Silverlight 4001 or 4004(seems rather random in between then two) or a general Flash error.

Both of these softwares are fully up to date. The errors only occur After I use the Compatibility mode and even after turning that mode off generally persist. 

Monday, June 4, 2012 3:26 PM
  • I'm not sure what other assistance we can provide via this forum so can you please contact Microsoft directly http://support.microsoft.com/gp/ContactUsLearn?sd=lrn&LN=en-AU

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCSD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Twitter: @Mr_Wharty
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Tuesday, June 5, 2012 12:53 AM