Files in particular folders not updating on mobile RRS feed

• General discussion

• I use a Samsung Omina Pro GT-B7330 Windows Mobile 6.5 to access my Live Mesh desktop files. One particular folder in my desktop where I update pdf files under the same names everyday seems to not update the current version to the mobile. After updating files on the desktop, I try to access the files from my mobile and find the older versions still in my mobile folder. Then in the Mesh news in my desktop, I see a conflict. When I resolve the conflict in my desktop, the file in my Mobile is still not updated.

I have to say that Live Mesh is the best software of its kind and I have used all the rest. However, I feel that such a superior product is left neglected by Microsoft.

I think Microsoft can't yet get their minds on whether to promote SkyDrive or Windows Azure. Frankly, Live Mesh is good enough and needs a little tuning with more frequent updates.

Believe it or not, I was forced to buy a Windows Mobile phone so that I can use Live Mesh in my Mobile.

Even willing to pay for such a product, but Microsoft definitely needs to raise software stability standards.

Saturday, February 20, 2010 3:10 PM

All replies

• Live Mesh is currently in beta and rumor has it that we'll see an update in the near (time frame unknown) future that will merge some of the functionality of the competing products.
    As for the fact that some files are not updating to the device from the Mesh, I assume that it may be due to the conflicts you are encountering. Have you tried removing the device from the Mesh and adding it back again to see if these files eventually do sync?
    -steve
    ~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Monday, February 22, 2010 1:26 PM
  • Hi Steve

I am syncing 4 desktop folders with my mobile and unfortunately only 1 is creating this conflict and not updating like it is with my multiple PCs. The contents of this folder is 5 or 6 small size PDF files which I update everyday using the same names as the last day. The other 3 folders have mixes of PDF's Word and Excel files and they dont create any problem whatsoever, so I am wondering where is the problem with this particular forlder. When I use Sugarsync to to access this folder on my mobile, I always get the latest version since Sugarsync does not automatically download these files into the mobile, but I can download on demand.

I guess it would be good if we had the option in the mobile version to do a one way sync from the web to the mobile, that may only my latest versions in the web would overwrite the older versions in the mobile. Some of us dont need to edit and update these files on our mobile, but need only to have access to them as backup for faster response times in business communications.

Thanks
    Shahriar
    Wednesday, February 24, 2010 2:15 PM
  • I have exactly the same problem. With one particular file that I update on a daily basis, but in my case is an Excel 2007 file. The problem happens only on live mesh mobile, with files that change frequently.

This not new for me, I have tried Steve´s recommendations, but the problem persists. I think, we should wait for the new version.

Thanks

Augusto
    Thursday, February 25, 2010 1:57 AM
  • It seems strange in both cases that a specific file or folder is experiencing issues and not others. If removing the device and setting it back up again doesn't resolve it, then I don't know what else to suggest, unfortunately.
    -steve
    ~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Thursday, February 25, 2010 3:45 PM