Cannot add CRM user RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, dont know when it happened. When I add new user to production MSCRM 4, there is an error message (An error Has occurred.....). However, when I try to add this user to my test CRM, it can successfully add without any problem. Both servers are running the same spec and version.

I tried to add different users to production but all failed. I have set the deverror to ON but the error message still appear as An error has occurs.

Apart from that, I have used CRM diagostic Tool but cannot see anything unusual from the log. 

I have even run the repair but effort is all wasted.

Please Help me.... I have been trying for 3 days and my energy is drained off now...

Wednesday, September 22, 2010 3:02 AM

Answers

• I tried to add different users to production but all failed. I have set the deverror to ON but the error message still appear as An error has occurs.

Apart from that, I have used CRM diagostic Tool but cannot see anything unusual from the log. 

Have you made iisreset after deverror was set to true?

Microsoft CRM Freelancer

My blog (english)
    Мой блог (русскоязычный)
    Wednesday, September 22, 2010 3:07 AM

All replies

• I tried to add different users to production but all failed. I have set the deverror to ON but the error message still appear as An error has occurs.

Have you made iisreset after deverror was set to true?

Microsoft CRM Freelancer

My blog (english)
    Мой блог (русскоязычный)
    Wednesday, September 22, 2010 3:07 AM
  • I've had this before. I solved it by adding the reg key below and restarting.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSCRM
    ]

"AutoGroupManagementOff" = dword:00000001

Neil - My CRM Blog
    Wednesday, September 22, 2010 9:32 AM
  • Hi,

first of all can you fully describe the error message you are getting. followings are some helps related to adding user errors.

to get the error in more details u can enable the trace and catch the error from there.

Verify that this user is not already in ms crm as a disabled user.  This is often the issue with see when you can not add the user to ms crm.  Another item to check is if you have multiple domain controllers and they are out of sync because of an active directory replication issue.

On the CRM Server check the following in the Registry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSCRM you should set a registry key AutoGroupManagementOff to value 1 (false).

for more tips click here http://bproud2banindian.blogspot.com/

Sudhanshu

Wednesday, September 22, 2010 11:08 AM