activation RRS feed

• Question

• Im having trouble getting my onecare activated. Everytime i try it tells me that i need a subscription.  Then i put in the product code from the box and it tells me that the account is already set up and i dont have to put in the code again but the software is never activated. I've tried un-installing and re-installing it but nothing seems to work.  Everything I try leads me to the same never ending cycle. I am very disappointed and feel like I have wasted my hard earned money on this product.  I cant go without virus protection.  Help please?

Wednesday, December 5, 2007 3:29 AM

Answers

All replies

• Sign in at http://billing.microsoft.com with the LiveID that you activated with and confirm that your subscription was created. If not, and you are encountering an error when activating that the key has been used already, you will either need to exchange the retail copy at the store you bought it as the key is used and cannot be used again - perhaps due to a duplication/printing error. Or, you can contact OneCare support for help.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Wednesday, December 5, 2007 3:39 PM
  • when i clicked the link you gave me it said that there was not an account set up so how do i contact support?

Thursday, December 6, 2007 2:32 AM
  • Which link, the billing link or the support link?

I just realized that you may be getting an error saying that the key has already been used - meaning you cannot use it to activate again. If you never used the key successfully to activate and received that message on your first attempt, I believe you have a duplicate key. You can try to exchange it at the retailer you purchased from or contact support per the instructions in the FAQ I linked to above and use the option that you are a trial or beta user to open an email case. You can continue using OneCare in trial mode for up to 90 days as it is the same as the subscribed version.

-steve

Thursday, December 6, 2007 2:43 AM