Can't see tasks in timesheet RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We run MSPS 2010 with SQL 2008 and Windows Server 2008.

I have a user that when she clicks on Manage Timesheets, her current timesheet shows as having 37.5 hours and In Progress.  When she clicks on that timesheet, there are no tasks and it says the total hours are 0.  If she tries to hit Send Timesheet, it says that it can't send a timesheet with less than 0 hours.  If she tries to insert a task, nothing shows up.  It doesn't matter which task she tries to add, it just doesn't show up.  No error messages and everything seems fine other than she can't see ANY tasks that are added.  I've tried this for other future timesheets and the results are the same.  I've tried deleting the timesheet, starting from scratch, but any tasks added are invisible and it still says 37.5 hours under Manage Timesheets.

Any clue what's going on?

Thanks!

Andre

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 3:41 PM

Answers

• Found the solution.  It appears that all of the tasks which were assigned to that user somehow became corrupt, as re-assigning all of the tasks to her enabled her to add any task to her timesheet and it was visible.

Thursday, April 11, 2013 2:42 PM

All replies

• Have you created or deleted the Timesheet Periods for that week.  Almost sounds like a timesheet was created, then the timesheet period was deleted and then later recreated.  

Anything, strange like that happening?  Is this a new deployment?

Cheers!

Michael Wharton, MVP, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCTS, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    Website http://www.WhartonComputer.com
    Blog http://MyProjectExpert.com contains my field notes and SQL queries

Thursday, April 11, 2013 2:50 AM
  • Hi Michael,

Nope, no periods were deleted/created and this is by far not a new environment.  Out of 100 or so users, she's the only one experiencing this issue.

Odd right?

Thanks,

André

Thursday, April 11, 2013 3:50 AM
  • Found the solution.  It appears that all of the tasks which were assigned to that user somehow became corrupt, as re-assigning all of the tasks to her enabled her to add any task to her timesheet and it was visible.

Thursday, April 11, 2013 2:42 PM