how to access MOC from outside network? RRS feed

• Question

• how to access the MOC from outside? i have my edge server but i dont know how to setting on MOC. is it i have to fill the Edge server FQDN or Edge server IP address?
    Thursday, June 5, 2008 6:44 AM

All replies

• You need to configure your EDGE Server with a public certificate (a private may be used but then no federations possible)

Then you also need to configure some DNS A and SRV Secords on your DNS on the internet

You MOC Client will automatically find the correct name via the SRV record and connect to your access proxy

This table is to enable all features

Your names must be changed to reflect your real names

In RED are all settings required for IM an Presence only

web.domain.com is a reverse proxy to publish the addressbook downloads, group expansion and publish meeting content

A Record

web.domain.com

x.x.x.x

A Record

accessproxy.domain.com

x.x.x.x

A Record

webconferencing.domain.com

x.x.x.x

A Record

audiovideoconferencing.domain.com

x.x.x.x

SRV Record

_sipfederationtls._tcp.domain.com

accessproxy.domain.com

SRV Record

_sip._tls.domain.com

accessproxy.domain.com

Thursday, June 5, 2008 8:32 AM
  • If you are not using Automatic Configuration, simply enter the Access Edge Servers FQDN in the External Server field, with the correct port defined.  If name resolution is not configured externally for that address, then you'd be forced to put in the IP address, but if using TLS then certificate errors can pop up. 

For example:

External Server:

edgeserver.domain.com:443

Thursday, June 5, 2008 4:29 PM
  • Deli pro..

what u mean by public certificate?is it i need to buy the certificate or i just create the cert from my edge server?
    Friday, June 6, 2008 3:48 AM
  • Basically you have two choices for deploying a certificate to the Edge Server: requesting one from a trusted third-party issuer or from a internal Enterprise CA.

If you only plan to use the Edge Server for internal workstations which are members of your internal domain when employees are outside the network, then you can simply use a certificate from the internal CA.

But if you plan to allow OC client access from employees home computers, or want to use federation, PIC, full web conferencing with Audio and Video capabilities, then you'll need to use a certificate that is trusted by more than just your internal domain members.

There are more details in this article: http://blogs.pointbridge.com/Blogs/schertz_jeff/Pages/Post.aspx?_ID=19

Friday, June 6, 2008 1:08 PM