Problems getting FetchXML RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am new to Dynamics and have been thrown onto a project to create some custom reports.

I have got VS2008 BIDS installed and the RAE extension installed and I have managed to pull live test data from the CRM using a FetxhXML file that I created in the web front end.

But, I am at a complete loss how to download the FetchXML file relating to a pre-installed report Orders.rdl from the system.

Is this possible please?

I have also tried using the FetchXML Builder that I found on the internet but this is refusing to let me log into the system. Does anyone know if this program works or is any good?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Trevor

Tuesday, April 9, 2013 12:12 PM

Answers

• Hi,

yes, it is possible!

If you want to use order.rdl just download it from crm,by editing the report->action->Download Report. Another sub report embed with it.

It points to order sub-report.rdl which is under->all report and including sub report.And they are built by using sql queries u may use it as it is! 

Even now,you want to build your rdl with fetch xml ,  try to use sql2fetchxml online converter!!!

Sindu M

• Proposed as answer by VidhiyaM Wednesday, April 10, 2013 5:40 AM
    • Edited by VidhiyaM Wednesday, April 10, 2013 5:42 AM
    • Marked as answer by Trevor Daniel Thursday, April 11, 2013 8:59 AM
    Tuesday, April 9, 2013 12:23 PM

All replies

• Hi,

yes, it is possible!

If you want to use order.rdl just download it from crm,by editing the report->action->Download Report. Another sub report embed with it.

It points to order sub-report.rdl which is under->all report and including sub report.And they are built by using sql queries u may use it as it is! 

Even now,you want to build your rdl with fetch xml ,  try to use sql2fetchxml online converter!!!

Sindu M

• Proposed as answer by VidhiyaM Wednesday, April 10, 2013 5:40 AM
    • Edited by VidhiyaM Wednesday, April 10, 2013 5:42 AM
    • Marked as answer by Trevor Daniel Thursday, April 11, 2013 8:59 AM
    Tuesday, April 9, 2013 12:23 PM
  • Try this

1. Select report you want to download in report grid and click edit button.

2. A new form will open from with "Actions" dropdown menu button.

3. select download from the menu and save the report.

Hope this helps

Suresh kumar

If you find this helpful then please vote for this or Mark this as answer

http://link2like.com/

Good Dynamics CRM 2011 resources - must check below url

http://link2like.com/link/user/suresh.maurya

Tuesday, April 9, 2013 4:21 PM
  • Great - thanks a lot!

But, I am trying to to the data that the report and the sub-report are running on.

Is it possible to get an xml file of the data being used so i can import it into VS2008 and write a custom report please?

Thanks

Trev

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 8:06 AM
  • So you want to do your custom report with the resulted value of order report. is it so? if not so? be brief

If it so! you can add your custom query in the inbuilt report itself(have a backup) and you may re-import it as another report!

Sindu M

• Edited by VidhiyaM Wednesday, April 10, 2013 8:11 AM
    Wednesday, April 10, 2013 8:08 AM
  • Hi Trevor,

Run the report in MS CRM, when report executed click Save button and select "XML file with report data" and then save the file.

Suresh kumar

If you find this helpful then please vote for this or Mark this as answer

http://link2like.com/

Good Dynamics CRM 2011 resources - must check below url

http://link2like.com/link/user/suresh.maurya
    Wednesday, April 10, 2013 8:38 AM
  • Great - thanks a lot!

But, I am trying to to the data that the report and the sub-report are running on.

Is it possible to get an xml file of the data being used so i can import it into VS2008 and write a custom report please?

Thanks

Trev

You could download the xml of both of views and reports to use in VS. For a view you could download it on the advanced find view (top right at the ribbon), and for the report you could download it from the report form on the actions button.

If the answer helped you, remember to mark it as answer.
    My Weblog -- My Website -- My Facebook

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 10:26 AM
  • Many thanks for the help!!

I have just stumbled across a piece of software called Stunnware Tools for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 which has proven to be very useful to build the fetchxml. Hope it might help you too..

Trev

Thursday, April 11, 2013 9:04 AM