AccessViolationException RRS feed

• General discussion

• I'm trying to process a long video which is causing a crash of Hyperlapse Por a few hours into the processing.

Video info: GoPro Hero 4 1080p Wide, recording in "looping" mode which creates chunks of 5 minutes. Chunks have been concatenated using GPAC's MP4BOX. Original video is 3h20 long and plays fine in all players (WMP, VLC, and even Win 8.1's Modern App video player). File size is 44 GB.

Here is the exception info:

Application: Microsoft.Research.Hyperlapse.Desktop.exe
    Framework Version: v4.0.30319
    Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    Exception Info: System.AccessViolationException
    Stack:
       at <Module>.Hyperlapse.process(Hyperlapse*, std.shared_ptr<HyperlapseParams>*, std.shared_ptr<VideoSfM::VideoTrackerParams>*, std.shared_ptr<PathParams>*, std.shared_ptr<ProxyRenderParams>*, std.shared_ptr<WarpParams>*, std.shared_ptr<SelectParams>*, std.shared_ptr<FuseParams>*, std.function<void __cdecl(std::basic_string<wchar_t,std::char_traits<wchar_t>,std::allocator<wchar_t> >,float)>*)
       at <Module>.Hyperlapse.process(Hyperlapse*, std.shared_ptr<HyperlapseParams>*, std.shared_ptr<VideoSfM::VideoTrackerParams>*, std.shared_ptr<PathParams>*, std.shared_ptr<ProxyRenderParams>*, std.shared_ptr<WarpParams>*, std.shared_ptr<SelectParams>*, std.shared_ptr<FuseParams>*, std.function<void __cdecl(std::basic_string<wchar_t,std::char_traits<wchar_t>,std::allocator<wchar_t> >,float)>*)
       at HyperlapseNative.HyperlapseEngine.Process(Int32, System.String, System.String, System.String, System.String, Int32, Int32, Int32, Int32, Int32, Int32, Int32, System.String, Int32, Boolean, Boolean, Single, Boolean)
       at Microsoft.Research.Hyperlapse.Desktop.HyperlapseEngine+<>c__DisplayClass4.<RunHyperlapse>b__3()
       at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
       at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteWithThreadLocal(System.Threading.Tasks.Task ByRef)
       at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteEntry(Boolean)
       at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()

Anything I can do to help trouble shoot the cause?

Wednesday, July 29, 2015 10:54 PM

All replies

• How much memory does your computer have?  With a video that long, you might be hitting a memory limit.  Keep an eye on the process in Task Manager to track the memory usage.

If it is a memory issue, Advanced smoothing uses more memory than Standard, so you could try processing in Standard. 

Friday, July 31, 2015 4:53 PM
  • Computer has 16GB of physical memory, and system managed swap (so it should grow).

I doubt that's the problem. I'll give it another shot with 1.2

Wednesday, August 5, 2015 12:31 AM