How many computers can I install Microsoft Office Standard on, RRS feed

• Question

• How many computers can I install Microsoft Office Standard on?
    Monday, September 26, 2011 11:57 PM

Answers

• First of all: It is great that you are concerned regarding your license status. That is a very important thing even that a lot of people does not care about it.

So Sorry in advance for this "joke": Hmm ... that completly depends on how long you live, on how many computers you can install it at the same time and how many computers (of which speed) you have ... At the moment I do not know any further requirements. :)

Ok, enough fun. If you want to know, on how many systems you are allowed to install Microsoft Office on: That completly depends on your license.

There are a lot of different license models available and you have to check your license agreement. Some license models might even depend on who is using the software. (e.g. MSDN Test licenses ... a MSDN subscription is bound to an individual as far as I know)

But please be aware: This is a forum targeting Microsoft Trainings and Certifications. This is not a place to ask for license stuff. Also important: These forums are community based. What we say does not matter at all and might be incorrect. So just ask Microsoft directly (when they tell you, that some use is ok, then it is ok) or ask a lawyer (then he will check the agreements and even if Microsoft tells you, that something is not allowed, he might advice you that it is allowed because of local laws).

With kind regards,

Konrad

• Proposed as answer by Dimitri C Sunday, February 26, 2012 7:54 PM
    • Marked as answer by Horizon_NetEditor Monday, March 12, 2012 6:09 PM
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 3:42 AM
    Answerer
  • If you are referring to the 2010 version the answer is 2 if you have  Retail Licence otherwise it's 1; please see:-

http://www.pierrefondes.com/

- item 129.

For future reference licence issues normally get posted here:-

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_install?page=1&tab=no

If my comments have helped please Vote As Helpful.

Thanks.

• Marked as answer by Horizon_NetEditor Monday, March 12, 2012 6:10 PM
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 5:15 AM

All replies

• First of all: It is great that you are concerned regarding your license status. That is a very important thing even that a lot of people does not care about it.

So Sorry in advance for this "joke": Hmm ... that completly depends on how long you live, on how many computers you can install it at the same time and how many computers (of which speed) you have ... At the moment I do not know any further requirements. :)

Ok, enough fun. If you want to know, on how many systems you are allowed to install Microsoft Office on: That completly depends on your license.

There are a lot of different license models available and you have to check your license agreement. Some license models might even depend on who is using the software. (e.g. MSDN Test licenses ... a MSDN subscription is bound to an individual as far as I know)

But please be aware: This is a forum targeting Microsoft Trainings and Certifications. This is not a place to ask for license stuff. Also important: These forums are community based. What we say does not matter at all and might be incorrect. So just ask Microsoft directly (when they tell you, that some use is ok, then it is ok) or ask a lawyer (then he will check the agreements and even if Microsoft tells you, that something is not allowed, he might advice you that it is allowed because of local laws).

With kind regards,

Konrad

• Marked as answer by Horizon_NetEditor Monday, March 12, 2012 6:09 PM
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 3:42 AM
    Answerer
  • If you are referring to the 2010 version the answer is 2 if you have  Retail Licence otherwise it's 1; please see:-

http://www.pierrefondes.com/

- item 129.

For future reference licence issues normally get posted here:-

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_install?page=1&tab=no

If my comments have helped please Vote As Helpful.

Thanks.

• Marked as answer by Horizon_NetEditor Monday, March 12, 2012 6:10 PM
    Tuesday, September 27, 2011 5:15 AM