none
Windows System Suite - Computer has downloaded a program of this name, shut down my virus protection and now can't access internet

Question

• I have an icon of a castle in my toolbar and when I start up it makes a squealing noise and then flashes up that I have 27 threats on my computer. When you click on activate it takes you to a site asking for money to protect your computer. The name of the program is Windows System Suite. I assume that it is bogus as I couldn't find it on the Microsoft site. 

It won't allow me to access the internet.

Any ideas about how I can deal with this problem would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    Tuesday, August 04, 2009 9:39 PM

All replies

• I have picked up the same problem - has not affected my Internet access yet but is seriously annoying. Also looking for a way to deal with the problem.
    Thursday, August 06, 2009 7:12 AM
  • This is fake Antivirus and it is virus and spyware completly. Try run Malicious Software Removal Tool or scan your PC by One Care Safety Scanner or MBAM ... install all security updates from Microsoftu Update and do not run untrust software, reset Security settings in your browser, unistall all unwanted programs (such toolbars in IE) and all crapware, maybe buy real antivirus (like a NOD32). And... this is forum for Windows Live Writer... how you can find this?

Or...
    DELETE FILES
    %appdata%\Windows System Suite
    %appdata%\WINSSSys
    %appdata%\15ad1a8
    c:\documents and settings\all users\application data\WINSSSys\winss.cfg
    %userprofile%\Desktop\Windows System Suite.lnk
    %userprofile%\Start Menu\Windows System Suite.lnk
    %userprofile%\Start Menu\Programs\Windows System Suite.lnk
    %userprofile%\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\Windows System Suite.lnk
    DELETE REGISTRY KEYS
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run “Windows System Suite”
    Wednesday, August 19, 2009 3:29 PM