locked
Email Router CRM 2011 - 'Load Data' stops working after user enters credentials RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi,

    I have a problem receiving email (sending works) from CRM 2011 on premises.

    I've configured an incoming profile using the following settings:

    POP3, the corresponding address, clear text authentification, user specified credentials

    After I set up a deployment on my CRM, using an admin account that is a member of the PrivUserGroup, I click on the 'Load Data' and all of my users, that are set up to use the email router, are displayed.

    However, as soon as any of the users goes to Options > Email > Allow E-mail Router to use my credentials, and enters the credentials, the following error comes up when I click on 'Load Data':

    "The Email Router Configuration Manager was unable to retrieve user and queue information from the Microsoft Dynamics CRM server. This may indicate that the Microsoft Dynamics CRm server is busy. Verify that URL 'http://<servername>'/<OrganizationName>" is correct.

     Additionally, this problem can occur if specified access credentials are insufficient. to try again, click Load Data. (Please select an account that is a member of the PrivUserGroup security group and try again.) 

    I don't understand why I'm having this issue ONLY when a user enters his credentials.

    I should also mention I had to add the DisableSecureDecryptionKey registry in order to have the 'Allow E-mail Router to use my credentials' checkbox active.

    Regards,

    Alex

    Wednesday, September 21, 2011 3:46 PM

All replies

  • I also got the following error on the log:

    #26090 - An error occurred while opening mailbox xxx@xxx.com. Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.EmailException: An error occurred while executing POP3 command "<Command removed for security reasons>". The server response was:

    "-ERR no domain specified or invalid domain specified".

    at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.Pop3Client.ValidateLine(String receivedLine, String command, Boolean hideCommand)

    at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.Pop3Client.ReadDataWithEncoding(StreamReader streamReader, String command, Boolean singleCommand, Boolean skipValidation, Boolean hideCommand)

    at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.Pop3Client.ReceiveData(String command, Boolean singleCommand, Boolean skipValidation, Boolean hideCommand, String& encodingCharset)

    at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.Pop3Client.SendCommand(String command, Boolean singleCommand, Boolean skipValidation, Boolean hideCommand)

    at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.Pop3Client.SendCommandSecure(String command, Boolean singleCommand, Boolean skipValidation)

    at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.Pop3Client.AuthenticateClearText(String userName, String password)

    at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.Pop3PollingMailboxProvider.OpenMailbox()

    at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.CrmPollingMailboxProvider.Run()

    Thursday, September 22, 2011 8:52 PM
  • Hi Alex,

     

    Could you please check if the mail box is hidden in exchange by any chance,

    1. Open Exchange Management console

    2. Expand Recipient Configuration

    3. Click on Mailbox

    4. Right Click on the CRM User and select properties

    5. On the General Tab make sure “Hide from Exchange address lists” is Not checked.

     

     

     

     


    Arpita
    Friday, September 23, 2011 4:29 PM