slow performance RRS feed

• General discussion

• when i try to log in normally a error would come up or it is extremely slow cannot function properly, i have important information stored in memory i do not want to delete, all i want to do is reformat the computer back to normal without memory loss.

what i have done is went to safe mode, logged in as administrator, click on my computer, click on properties, security, advanced, checked inherit from.. and replace permission entries tabs, which went throughout the whole hard drive, that was about it, just dont know what to do after that?? just want to get over with so i can use the computer normally

before all this happened i messed with regedit.exe which made this happen in the first place.
    • Changed type Carl-S Tuesday, September 30, 2008 5:54 PM
    Sunday, May 4, 2008 1:05 AM

All replies

• Have you ever Defragged your computer?
    Some background...Fragmentation occurs as you create, download and edit files.  The files get broken up into little pieces and saved wherever free space is available on the hard drive. Then the computer has to work extra hard (using many I/O cues) to gather and open these fragmented files. This fragmentaton build-up will severely degrades the speed, performance and reliability of your computers, causing crashes, failed applications, blue screens, etc. 

You should try a third party defrag program, Diskeeper is very popular amoung large corporations. Its an automatic defragger so you'll never have to worry about defragging again. You can download 30-day trial-ware at
    www.diskeeper.com

Good Luck,
    Thursday, December 4, 2008 9:04 PM