Lost net access RRS feed

• Question

•  

since install PP1 I have noticed i not longer can access any exteral site using IE, not even windows update.

It sounds to me an issue with my router but i can seen any setting that ive changed that will affect this.

Has anyone else had the same issue?

Saturday, June 14, 2008 7:21 AM

All replies

•  

I've had an issue with shares to my xbox, but I did alot of changes to the server and network on the 11/06...

1st thing I would do, to rule out if it is PP1 that has caused the issue, uninstall the PP1 from add/remove programs and then reboot.  If the issue was with PP1 then the internet access should be restored.

Other things to take into account would most definately be any SOFTWARE FIREWALLS!!  These are usually very good at rendering your network connection usual, unless you are a FIREWALL GURU.  2nd point would be to turn off the A/V and Firewall.

Failing that, I'd say, yep there is a bug and time to perform a HOME SERVER RECOVERY.  All data will stay intact, but have a backup to be sure...

I hope this helps...this is only one opion though, others may have different ideas...

Regards,

Stephen

Saturday, June 14, 2008 9:25 AM