configure the IFD tool for mscrm4 RRS feed

• Question

• hello,
    it's the first time that I have worked with this tool and I have encountered a problem.

when you check the dns it's add a subdomain to the root domain i've entered, for example if the organization name is crmOrg and the domain is myCrmExample.com, when I press the Check Dns button i't check for the DNS crmOrg.myCrmExample.com

My question is: If I have only one organization is it posible to configure it to accept the DNS of www.myCrmExample.com?

Thanks in advance,
    Jonathan

Thursday, October 14, 2010 7:41 AM

Answers

• Hello Jonathan,

Try to add this host header in your IIS and add the corresponding alias on your DNS. After that, maybe you will have to add a record on your hosts file to help Windows to identify the www.mycrmexample.com.

Don´t forget to create rules on your firewall(if you have one).

[]´s

Carlos Amorim Junior
    "Já ajudou a comunidade hoje?"
    http://www.dynamicscrm.com.br
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Thursday, October 21, 2010 4:35 PM
    Thursday, October 14, 2010 11:59 AM
  • Hi,

the wizard will always validate if <uniqueorgname>.<externaldomain> will resolve, because the system expects to be called this way.
    When you are using IFD, the first part of the host is interpreted as organization.

Simply add a CNAME crmOrg which points to www or add a new A-record in your DNS and the wizard will resolve the address correctly.

• Proposed as answer by ckeller Thursday, October 21, 2010 11:16 AM
    Thursday, October 14, 2010 1:53 PM

All replies

• Hello Jonathan,

Try to add this host header in your IIS and add the corresponding alias on your DNS. After that, maybe you will have to add a record on your hosts file to help Windows to identify the www.mycrmexample.com.

Don´t forget to create rules on your firewall(if you have one).

[]´s

Carlos Amorim Junior
    "Já ajudou a comunidade hoje?"
    http://www.dynamicscrm.com.br
    Thursday, October 14, 2010 11:59 AM
  • Hi,

the wizard will always validate if <uniqueorgname>.<externaldomain> will resolve, because the system expects to be called this way.
    When you are using IFD, the first part of the host is interpreted as organization.

Simply add a CNAME crmOrg which points to www or add a new A-record in your DNS and the wizard will resolve the address correctly.

• Proposed as answer by ckeller Thursday, October 21, 2010 11:16 AM
    Thursday, October 14, 2010 1:53 PM
  • at the end i created a new sub domain with the organization name  because we were short on time

Thanks for you help.

Wednesday, October 20, 2010 11:03 AM