I have linux ubuntu and I wanna install windows 7 (I have already purchased it) RRS feed

• Question

• I have recently installed Linux Ubuntu and I wanna reinstall windows 7 over Linux. Put every time I insert the CD and trynna install windows I opens me an error message saying that windows can't be loaded to this partition cuz it needs NTFS (I don't know what) . I tried to changed it (watching tutorials) but not even close. Nothing happened . Please someone help me . THe sooner the better. 

Thanks
    Paul

• Moved by Carl Cai Tuesday, November 11, 2014 6:49 AM more related
    Monday, November 10, 2014 7:22 PM

All replies

• You're in the wrong forum/topic here, but anyway.

In the step the Windows Setup asks for the destination drive and partition for Windows, it also offers to format a drive. You have to take that option, choosing an existing non NTFS partition (Linux installs on other file systems) you can't install Windows, yes.

Any relatives or friends, that could help you?

Bye, Olaf.

Olaf Doschke - TMN Systemberatung GmbH http://www.tmn-systemberatung.de

Tuesday, November 11, 2014 6:26 AM
  • Hi Pavlos Kara,

This forum is to discuss problems of Visual FoxPro. Your question is not related to the topic of this forum.

You can consider posting it in Window 7 installation forum for responses. Thanks.

Best regards,
    Youjun Tang

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, November 11, 2014 6:48 AM