none
Will the forums ever be organised? RRS feed

• Question

• Development forums are now not available at either technet or answers.

Why is there more than one, and why does neither include development?

And when are you going to fix this stupid editor control? (It's OK I expect you to be unaware that it ever plays up).

Working in C++ reminds me that some things are almost as illogical as Microsoft
    • Moved by Mike Kinsman Thursday, March 10, 2011 7:38 PM moving to forums issues (From:TechNet Website Feedback)
    Wednesday, March 9, 2011 5:07 AM

Answers

All replies

• development forums are on the MSDN side, http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/ Hope this helps. We have an update re: the editor end of this week, we hope it resolves some of the previosly reported bugs.
    Community Forums Program Manager
    • Marked as answer by Freqy Tuesday, March 15, 2011 1:24 PM
    Tuesday, March 15, 2011 6:13 AM
    Answerer
  • I'm begrudgingly marking that the answer, although why we now have three different places to do the same things I don't understand. As for the years old bugs in the editor - yep it's now a text field. Works perfectly! :-)
    Working in C++ reminds me that some things are almost as illogical as Microsoft
    Tuesday, March 15, 2011 1:26 PM
  • They are three different places to do the same thing, but the topic areas are considerably different. At least this is the way it is for now. I do envision some day having some way for users to get one view to all of it, but that is something that is probably pretty far off in the future.
    Community Forums Program Manager
    Wednesday, March 16, 2011 2:55 AM
    Answerer
  • Brent -

for heavens sake, if you're envisioning an unified UI, do your best to keep it as close as possible to the current functionality. The "innovations" made to the "Answers" forums are absolutely deterring.

"192 GB ought to be enough for anybody." (from the miniseries "Next Generation's Jokes")
    Thursday, March 17, 2011 11:32 AM