Is using the internet and/or documentation permitted during Microsoft developer certification exams? RRS feed

• Question

• Am i allowed to use the internet and/or MSDN documentation during a Microsoft exam or should i know every class name for example by heart?
    • Edited by XavorEr Wednesday, April 17, 2013 1:45 PM
    Wednesday, April 17, 2013 1:39 PM

Answers

• No, as per exam guidelines and policies you're not allowed to use any documentation, notes you brought from home, cellphone etc.

You will get a writing board with a marker, which you can use during the exam to take your own notes when choosing the right answer.

Marek Chmel(MCTS, MCITP, MCT, CCNA)
    Please Mark As Answer if my post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been helpful for you.

Wednesday, April 17, 2013 2:33 PM

All replies

• No......
    Wednesday, April 17, 2013 2:22 PM
    Answerer
  • No, as per exam guidelines and policies you're not allowed to use any documentation, notes you brought from home, cellphone etc.

You will get a writing board with a marker, which you can use during the exam to take your own notes when choosing the right answer.

Marek Chmel(MCTS, MCITP, MCT, CCNA)
    Please Mark As Answer if my post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been helpful for you.

Wednesday, April 17, 2013 2:33 PM
  • I love your question. The reason it is so awesome is because no one at Microsoft has memorized all 250,000+ types (classes, interfaces, etc.) of the .NET framework.

However, the exam will include code that defines custom related types for you to analyze and then asks you about scope and availability of their members.

Best wishes, Davin Mickelson

Thursday, April 18, 2013 6:56 PM
    Answerer