safe mode RRS feed

• Question

• My computer was freezing and they were coming more frequent over time. I seen this infocommercial about maxmyspeed.com. I gave it a try but the girl who by the way she took control over my computer said my computer was running to slow to download the program that I had just purshased. She said I needed to have their tech look at it and he would get it running like new. This would cost me $299.99 for a 1 year service plan. I told her that I couldn't pay that much and that my computer is used just for fun. So paying that much seemed a little much due to the fact that my computer was working just freezes up. She started to get smart with me say things like, " I would just turn the computer off and never use it again because its freezing for a reason so that fact you don't want to fix will only cause your computer to shut down permamently." So the question is ever since I let them take control over my computer, my computer starts in safemode. What do I do to get my computer to load up normally?

Sunday, September 19, 2010 11:21 PM

Answers

• Hello, randal-

You may be able to return to the normal startup by going to Start, type  msconfig.exe in the search box and press enter.
    On the System Configuration screen, ensure that Normal startup is selected then click the Boot tab.
    On the boot tab, if any of the items in the Boot options section are checked, uncheck them.
    Next, check the Make all boot settings permanent option and press ok then restart when prompted.

If that doesn’t help or you need further assistance, you will need to create a new post on the Answers forums: http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistarepair/threads

David
    Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
    Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, October 13, 2010 7:20 PM
    Monday, September 20, 2010 10:46 PM