How can I confirm my custom domain exists on Windows Live

• Prior to July 2014 I (believe) I set up a custom domain in  I was about to cancel the domain hosting for this same custom domain name at my former ISP (Yahoo) when the representative cautioned me to confirm that the domain was actually established on With the closing of WLAC, how do I confirm this?

Prior to July 2014 was allowing people to host their custom domains on Windows Live. They no longer support this hosting and recommend migrating the domain to Office 365.

In any case, at this point I want to cancel the domain hosting service at my former provider (Yahoo), but not until I'm sure that I've successfully established the domain at Windows Live. My mail was routing through my custom domain at Yahoo and it was configured to route through the new hosting provider at Windows Live. I want to be sure that the new setup at Windows Live is what is functioning today, not just a forwarding of my old mail system to

How do I confirm this?

Thank you

Tuesday, November 11, 2014 1:52 PM

All replies

• I know this is an old post but wanted to give my answer/opinion for others who find this thread. If you know the windows live account that was used to administer the domain, you should still be able to go to, login there with the correct administrator e-mail address (not one of the users unfortunately), and then at least see the domain listed. If you have successfully logged in with the right admin account you will see the domain listed. If you have not used the right admin account it will just bounce you back to the login screen without any message or error. Since they depricated this service the support has been getting worse and worse. The latest take away was outlook client exchange sync that magically disappeared without notice in December 2016. At this point they have rendered those account useless for anything but casual use as you're forced to use IMAP (with no calendar sync) or POP3, which both suck for anything other than looking at mail. At this point you'e better off just moving to a service that wants your business for a reasonable price (not $5/month per user).

Saturday, February 11, 2017 7:52 PM