Cant find WHSConnector_x64 RRS feed

• Question

• I current have installed the demo version of WHS on a old P4 machine.  I tried to connect to it with a 64 bit win 7 machine.  browsing to the server/shared/software/Home Server Connector and running set up gives me the error, "cannot install on a 64 bit machine".  I tried to use a downloaded connecter CD, it fails saying it cannot download the files from the server.  I look in the server/software folder and find only setup.exe and WHSConnector.msi in it (along with the DOTNETFX20 and WindowsSintaller31 folders).  I belive I should find numerous other files including WHSConnector_X64 in it.  Somewhere I read I should find these in C:/WHS folder. Not there either.   Search the server for them, and they are not there.  The Software folder is there just find.  http://server:55000 gets me a 404 error.

My WHS has all available updates.

I look for them on the internet, cant find them. Something said they are in PP1.  Downloade, but said update does not apply to installed version.

What else can I try? 

Thanks
    DW
    Sunday, February 7, 2010 3:28 AM

Answers

• This version number is outdated at a condition pre Power Pack 1 (which solved some very critical bugs) and contains no 64 Bit connector.
    If you do not get offered any updates, check the settings for automatic updates in the console and eventually perform manual updates as long as there are offered some. Repeat until your version number reports 2423.
    If you cannot get any updates even with correct settings or manually, logon locally to your Home Server desktop and verify, that the server has Internet connection working and can reach Microsoft.com sites.

If you cannot figure out, what is wrong here, try a reinstall.

Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Sunday, February 7, 2010 5:31 PM
  • If you decide to reinstall it may be worth downloading the latest Trial version of Windows Home Server with Power Pack 3 already installed:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=e3694b69-93f6-4267-b881-55ce0648c784

--
    Sunday, February 7, 2010 6:06 PM
  • ... 6.0.1424.2 ...
    You have a Release Candidate (i.e. prerelease) version of Windows Home Server installed. No updates will apply to your server, including Power Pack 1, which added 64 bit support (for home computers running Vista or Windows 7 only, not XP).

Please obtain and install release software, using the server reinstallation/server recovery mode of installation. Temporarily you could install the trial as Al has suggested, but probably you will be better off buying a system builder package and installing that, as the trial has a time bomb built in which will disable your server when the trial expires.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Monday, February 8, 2010 4:06 PM

All replies

• What version numbers are reported in the Windows Home Server console, Settings tab, Resources view?
    Sunday, February 7, 2010 3:36 AM
  • Windows Home Server Console: 6.0.1424.2
    Windows Home Server Backup & Restore: 6.0.1424.2
    Windows Home Server Drive Extender: 6.0.1424.2
    Windows Home Server Remote Access: 6.0.1424.2
    Windows Home Server Storage Manager: 6.0.1424.2

THanks for the help

DW
    Sunday, February 7, 2010 5:19 PM
  • This version number is outdated at a condition pre Power Pack 1 (which solved some very critical bugs) and contains no 64 Bit connector.
    If you do not get offered any updates, check the settings for automatic updates in the console and eventually perform manual updates as long as there are offered some. Repeat until your version number reports 2423.
    If you cannot get any updates even with correct settings or manually, logon locally to your Home Server desktop and verify, that the server has Internet connection working and can reach Microsoft.com sites.

If you cannot figure out, what is wrong here, try a reinstall.

Olaf
    Sunday, February 7, 2010 5:31 PM
  • If you decide to reinstall it may be worth downloading the latest Trial version of Windows Home Server with Power Pack 3 already installed:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=e3694b69-93f6-4267-b881-55ce0648c784

--
    Sunday, February 7, 2010 6:06 PM
  • ... 6.0.1424.2 ...
    You have a Release Candidate (i.e. prerelease) version of Windows Home Server installed. No updates will apply to your server, including Power Pack 1, which added 64 bit support (for home computers running Vista or Windows 7 only, not XP).

Please obtain and install release software, using the server reinstallation/server recovery mode of installation. Temporarily you could install the trial as Al has suggested, but probably you will be better off buying a system builder package and installing that, as the trial has a time bomb built in which will disable your server when the trial expires.

Monday, February 8, 2010 4:06 PM
  • A well, that made the number appear a bit odd - but the older version numbers left my head.
    Olaf
    Monday, February 8, 2010 6:54 PM