none
Webservice (asmx) Not working in Production Server

Question

• I have developed one web application (VS 2008 & Windows 2008 Server R2 ) and the requirement will be user will enter text and based on that text, related words it has to show like autocomplete.

I have used Autocompleteextender ajax control and used webservice to get the values.

It is working in local system where i can enter some text in textbox and it will show related word search list like dropdown.

But after hosting in production server, some time like 1 hr or 2 hr it will work. Then it will stop working means if i type test in text box  i will not get the list related to entered text.

Where exactly the problem. Even i have added webreference of that service. Then also sometime it will work and after some time it will not work

How to fix this issue. Please suggest me.

Thanks in advance.

Thursday, December 4, 2014 5:54 PM

Answers

All replies

• I have developed one web application using Autocompleteextender ajax control and used webservice to get the values.

It is working in local system where i can enter some text in textbox and it will show related word sear list in dropdown.

But after hosting in production server, some time like 1 hr or 2 hr it will work. Then it will stop working means if i type test in text box  i will not get the list related to entered text.

Where exactly the problem. Even i have added webreference of that service. Then also sometime it will work and after some time it will not work

How to fix this issue. Please suggest me.

Thanks in advance.

Thursday, December 4, 2014 5:35 PM
  • I'd try over here.

http://forums.asp.net/1213.aspx/1?Visual+Studio+and+Visual+Web+Developer+Express

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Friday, December 5, 2014 3:06 AM