CRM 2013 - Quote Products Inline Edit View RRS feed

• Question

• I attemped to change the columns in the "Quote Products Inline Edit View", but it is not customizable. The View editor does however allow you to  "Save As" when you make changes, so I saved my customised view and modified the Quote Form to use my new view.

The column headers appear as expected, but the Product Name no longer shows values. I presume this is because it has to do some custom logic to determine whether to display the existing product name or the write-in Product Name.

Would I be correct in assuming the following:
    1) Being able to create Quote Product views is not intended to be possible. (There is no "New" button when you view the Quote Product Views in a solution)
    2) There is no way for me to customise this view or create my own view to replace the default one so that I can for example remove the "Discount" column from the default "Quote Product Inline Edit View".

If so then it looks like I will have to investigate replacing Quote Products entirely with my own custom entity and replicating much of the default functionality.

Thursday, October 24, 2013 8:15 AM

Answers

• There isn't any supported way at the moment to change the views used in the editable grids. It is bound to the out of the box view. When you open the Inline Edit view you'll probably notice a little message indicating the ability to customize the view has been "limited" - which is a nice way of saying you can't change it at all :)

Jason Lattimer
    My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 4:01 AM

All replies

• I am also experiencing the same results in the Opportunity products view.  It would be helpful to get confirmation on modification restrictions.

Valerie Lingen

Monday, October 28, 2013 1:45 PM
  • There isn't any supported way at the moment to change the views used in the editable grids. It is bound to the out of the box view. When you open the Inline Edit view you'll probably notice a little message indicating the ability to customize the view has been "limited" - which is a nice way of saying you can't change it at all :)

Jason Lattimer
    My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 4:01 AM
  • Thanks for the response.
    Tuesday, October 29, 2013 11:57 PM
  • Hi Guys,

I was having the same problem, and came up with this neat workaround. It appears the problem is just with the first column in the new view, so I added and unused field column (I used Description as it was blank) and set it as the first column with a minimum width of 25, leaving the product Name as the second column and it then starts working again...

Thanks

Cliff

Monday, November 11, 2013 4:47 PM
  • Hi Guy,

If we add new column, Do I need to writhe a new plug-in to solve the Write-in product or Exist-in Product.

Thursday, December 19, 2013 1:49 AM
  • Hi Guy,

I think while we wait for new release, we can follow this way:

- Create a new field in Quotation Form.

- Use the new feature of CRM 2013: Action (or JavaScript):

1. Create new field, example: New_ProductName.

2. Create a business rule of system field, we set new custom field equal the value of System field.

It is not good way, if you have more way to save me this problem, please send email to me nghiep.pham@hotmail.com

Thursday, December 19, 2013 2:17 AM
  • I have another issue with the Quote Products Inline Edit View which I have stated in this thread.

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6f80e0cc-3a93-4f26-8d6c-c9b58ed3a72a/crm-2013-quote-product-plugin-issue?forum=crmdevelopment

Can anybody have a look and see what I might need to do?

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 7:47 AM
  • Doesn't work for me... its mind boggling that they can't have this working properly
    Friday, June 27, 2014 1:15 PM
  • Did you manage this, because I can't
    Friday, June 27, 2014 2:35 PM

• I finally solved it by creating from scratch a view

Edit Form of order
    Change the properties of Products
    In Data Source therefore selected New
    And I think the view from Zero

regards

Lety Chavez

Lety Chavez

Wednesday, December 10, 2014 7:53 PM
  • Hi Lety Chavez,

Can you please help me for how to increase the column width (sytem quote product inline grid view). since it's managed view, So, I can't change. 

please let me for increase the width of inline grid view.

Thanks,

Nagarajan

nagasworld@gmail.com

Friday, February 19, 2016 9:33 AM