Backup of client computers failing several times per week RRS feed

• Question

• I have .just started getting errors during client backups.  This has been going on for about a month but is now getting more frequent.  The error I receive on the clients just say that the backup process terminated unexpectantly and ends.  This has happened on each of the clients (5) but has no pattern.  The error I receive on the server is:

"The Windows Server Client Computer Backup Service service terminated unexpectedly", and the backup service restarts.  Whatever client backup is running when the error occurs fails and doesn't retry.

Any help would be appreciated, because the backups  are failing at least 3 times per week and sometimes more frequently.

Saturday, June 16, 2012 2:32 PM

All replies

• Hi, can you find any related information in event log? What's the result if you attempt to copy large file from clients to the server, for example 5 GB? If that is not working correctly, it can be network or driver related issues.

Sean Zhu

TechNet Community Support

Monday, June 18, 2012 9:06 AM
  • After more troubleshooting, I think I have narrowed it down to an intermittent hardware failure.

I have replaced the drive I suspect was starting to fail and am waiting to see if there are any more failures.

I'll update as appropriate.

Thanks

Thursday, June 21, 2012 7:36 PM