Customer Portal Deployment for Hosted CRM Solution RRS feed

• Question

• We are running the Hosted Dynamics CRM with an Azure server, and cannot seem to get the CRM Customer Portal to launch.

I am consistently getting the 500 error and "We're sorry, but something went wrong. We've been notified about this issue and we'll take a look at it shortly."

I've followed the directions in "Portal Configuration Guide - Windows Azure ACS Authentication" and "Customer Portal Deployment Guide_Azure_V2.0", but to no avail.

Are there updated any updated documents that describe the process with the new portal view, or shows a full start to finish with the Hosted Dynamics and an Azure website?

Thanks in advance,

Brian

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 10:28 PM

All replies

• There is a generic error handler plugged in that is masking the real error.  I would need additional information like the actual asp.net error from your application event log, or you can turn on standard asp.net error handling in the web.config or tracing to get the real error message.  The real error message is likely to point you in the right direction.  Please submit the real error message if you don't find the resolution yourself and I will be happy to help you isolate the problem.

Shan McArthur www.shanmcarthur.net Check out the commercial edition of xRM portals @ www.adxstudio.com

Friday, August 2, 2013 3:54 AM