Streaming Media not working RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Mediagate MG35 network media player, which I use to stream AVI files to my TV from my PC. When I move my video files to the WHS, they do not play, it gives the error "Invalid File Format" yet when I move them back to my PC, they play fine.

Could this be something to do with the day WHS stores files across multiple hard drives, meaning that the full file is not seen?

Anybody else had the problem?
    Thursday, March 8, 2007 9:46 AM

Answers

• Managed to get this working... Ended up setting EVERYONE permissions (R/W) to the Videos folder share in D Drive\Shares...

Thursday, March 8, 2007 1:01 PM

All replies

• Do you use third-party software on your PC to let the Mediagate player see the shares or does it go through the normal windows networking (SMB) shares?

I have no trouble accessing files on the WHS fine through other PCs and Xbox Media Centre Setups goind through SMB shares.
    Thursday, March 8, 2007 12:21 PM
  • Managed to get this working... Ended up setting EVERYONE permissions (R/W) to the Videos folder share in D Drive\Shares...

Thursday, March 8, 2007 1:01 PM
  • Try installing the codec on the server and see if that fixes the issue. Try ffdshow or whichever it is called.  Can't remember.  Do a google search for codec pack.  Nemo is a bit old so dont use that one.

Thursday, March 8, 2007 8:06 PM