Open With Context Menu Issue RRS feed

• General discussion

• When you right-click on a file and choose Open-with, none of the applications may be listed in the menu. Also, the Choose Program... option may be missing, and the Open With entry is repeated again.

I found that the Live Mesh shell extensions 'WLCShellMenuHandler Class' was causing the problem by using ShellExView from http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/shexview.html.  I went through each context menu extension disabling/enabling until I found that my Open With context menu worked correctly after disabling the Live Mesh extension 'WLCShellMenuHandler Class'.
    Wednesday, July 30, 2008 4:06 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for helping us test Live Mesh.  Would you mind opening a bug on this, and submitting your logs?  We'd appreciate it.  Instructions for collecting the logs and submitting a bug are in an Announcement at the top of the forums.

Thanks,

Ben.
    Wednesday, July 30, 2008 7:38 PM
  • Thanks Ben.  I just finished filing Bug ID 358859.
    Thursday, July 31, 2008 1:06 AM
  • I have a _fairly_ clean build of Vista here and I don't get that problem at all.

I'm running basic developer stuff, nothing too out of the ordinary, but after installing Mesh I am not observing any negative changes to the shell.

Cheers,
    -James
    if emailing, remember to remove the obvious
    Thursday, July 31, 2008 4:54 AM