Regarding an e-mail I received from the WHS team RRS feed

• Question

•  

I received an e-mail today from Microsoft Connect: Comment or Request for Information for Connect Feedback ID 355458.

I would sure like to help them with the requested information, but I have re-installed Vista Ultimate on the drive that would not restore. I discovered that three of the four drives in the machine were indeed restored, but one drive was not. Upon investigating, I found that the unrestored drive was not formatted. I formatted the drive and then copied the files from the backup on the server to the drive. Curiously, only the Vista files were backed up, not the few programs I had installed. The Vista install was fairly recent and I was dual booting with my production version of XP Pro.

Today, I went to MS Connect to check the bug support submission I had sent and to my suprise, it is not there. I had even set it to be watched in Connect.

If someone from the team could contact me, I would be glad to try and help.

Randy

Friday, July 25, 2008 12:31 AM

All replies

• Thanks Randy

The bug still shows as active and open in our system, so I am inclined to think that you are experienceing some type of hiccup with connect.  That said, if you are able to reproduce the issue with the RTW version of Power Pack 1, please try the steps listed below and e-mail the files to WHSBeta@microsoft.com

We need logs created by the restore process itself. To obtain them:

- Get the latest version of restore CD from http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=104683
    - Create two empty files (HomeServerPCRestore.log and HomeServerPCRestore_update.log) on a USB stick or any other writeable media that your computer can see. Attach the stick to the computer you are trying to restore.
    - Try to restore

Friday, July 25, 2008 1:37 PM