none
Would you make it possible for the Photo Albums feature to be used with other Photo Sites such as Flickr?

Question

• Dear team, I am wondering if you have considered making the Photo Albums feature work not just with SkyDrive as it currently does, but allowing Writer users who are on Wordpress/Blogger or some other blogging site to use their choice of site instead. Maybe they don't want to have a Windows Live ID or use Windows Live SkyDrive. Maybe they would prefer to use flickr or Picasa for example.
    It makes using this feature rather constraining for those who aren't interested in joining Windows Live for whatever reason.

TG
    Sunday, February 07, 2010 7:42 AM

Answers

• Thanks for the feedback TG! We'll take this into consideration moving forward.
    Windows Live Writer Developer
    • Marked as answer by technogranny Tuesday, March 02, 2010 8:33 AM
    Tuesday, March 02, 2010 3:48 AM

All replies

• I am sure you know this but Live Writer does this for images to some degree in the product or with add-ins.  For example, on my blogger site if I insert an image with my post it gets saved to my Picasa folder. 
    Microsoft has a plug-in for Flickr that lets me add images to my post but at the same time upload it to my Flickr site.

Albums would be great also but I think that is the price of using a "Live" product.

Saturday, February 27, 2010 6:29 AM
  • Yes but I am thinking of when you use Live Writer with Blogger or Wordpress and want to include a Photo Album. Your readers might want to 'click through' to view that photo album and don't necessarally wish to be taken to SkyDrive on Windows Live. Or if they only have a blog somewhere else like the sites I have mentioned but don't have a LiveID because they are not on Windows Live, it would be nice if they could use their chosen picture hosting site such as flickr or Picasa.
    Remember that Photo Gallery allows you to post your pics to these sites and I don't really think that also including those same options inside Writer for your photo albums is any different.

TG
    Saturday, February 27, 2010 7:14 AM
  • Thanks for the feedback TG! We'll take this into consideration moving forward.
    • Marked as answer by technogranny Tuesday, March 02, 2010 8:33 AM
    Tuesday, March 02, 2010 3:48 AM

Thank you Will, but as the other apps such as Photo Gallery and (in Wave 4) Movie Maker look as if they now include other publishing sites, it does make sense that Live Writer does the same for the Photo Album. I am pleased that you will consider it for a future release.

TG
    Tuesday, March 02, 2010 8:33 AM