Licensing for outside Webconference people. RRS feed

  • Question

  • I Have OCS 2007 standard with 100 User cals.  So I have 50 staff connect to Livemeetings, and then the other people on meetings are non-staff and change every meeting.  But I never have more than 20-30 in livemeetings at 1 time.

    What type of cal do I need for the NON-staff changing users?


    Tuesday, November 6, 2007 2:34 PM

All replies


    OCS 2007 comes with 2 types of Cals.  The standard CAL provides IM and File Tranfer.  The Enterprise CAL provides Telephony and Conferencing.  If you purchase the Enterprise CAL, you also need to purchase the standard CAL.


    Now comes the Edge Server licensing for external connections.  The Standard and Enterprise Licenses are the same price and have to be purchased only once.  These licenses allow for the external and/or NON-staff connections.

    Wednesday, December 5, 2007 12:55 AM

    And dont forget that you also need one Windows Server External Connector per server facing these external users.
    Friday, December 7, 2007 12:39 AM