Adding primary Account contact to Opportunity list RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all, I'd like to display the primary contact for an account on the Opportunity list, ideally with a hyperlink to the contact screen. Does anyone know the easiest way I can do this? I've looked around attributes and anywhere else I can think of but can't see how this is done. Thanks! Matt

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 2:37 PM

Answers

• Sure you can display from a related entity in the view...when selecting the columns, there is a dropdown of the entitites to chose from that you can offer as part of the default view (or any view for that matter)

Thursday, September 18, 2008 2:02 PM

All replies

• you should be able to add a column from account onto the default public view via customizations-> forms/views

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 5:19 PM
  • Actually, I'd like to know the answer to this.

You obviously can't add to a view because you only have options from the Opportunity entity, rather what we're after is an attribute from the Account (parent) entity.

I wonder if you could create a 'Main contact' attribute on the project, then a relationship to map the value of the account's main contact to the opportunity's main contact.

???

Thursday, September 18, 2008 10:17 AM
  • Yep, my thoughts exactly. I'm having a play with it at the moment and will post back if I find a solution...

Thursday, September 18, 2008 10:24 AM
  • Sure you can display from a related entity in the view...when selecting the columns, there is a dropdown of the entitites to chose from that you can offer as part of the default view (or any view for that matter)

Thursday, September 18, 2008 2:02 PM
  • Man now I do feel stupid, can't believe I missed that dropdown at the top of the columns window... Thanks though, added my contact and works a treat.

Thanks! Matt

Thursday, September 18, 2008 2:13 PM
  • Wow, that's brilliant. I didn't know V4.0 could do that!!! We're on v3.0 and planning our upgrade - another brilliant reason to upgrade sooner rather than later, I'd say.

You've made my Thursday!

Thursday, September 18, 2008 4:25 PM
  • No need to feel stupid, it is hard to find, especially if you don't know to look for it.

Thursday, September 18, 2008 7:15 PM
  • v 4.0 really is so much cooler than 3.0.  so if you liked 3.0, you will be giddy with 4.0.  Can't wait to see what 5.0 brings next round.

Thursday, September 18, 2008 7:16 PM