Need to silently install/update Skype client to latest version for desktop via .bat file with out EVIL BING AND MSN being forced apon us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RRS feed

• Question

• The title should say it all.  Could not find any "proper" spot on Technet to post this so chose this area. I need a one stop ALWAYS there place to download the latest greatest version of the Skype client for the desktop which I can silently install via a .bat file, OFFLINE, and which will NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER attempt to install BING or EVER EVER EVER EVER attempt to change my home page NEVER EVER MUST THIS EVIL ATTEMPT TO INSTALL BING AND MSN be forced upon ANYONE. HOW EVIL OF MICROSOFT TO DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And to NON PROFIT educational, public at that, institutions. HOW ABSOLUTELY EVIL OF THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I found a download from the MS Technet site for Skype 7.40.0.103 silent.exe, but that is NOT the latest as of today which is Skype 7.40.0.104. ( https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/Skype-63-Silent-Installer-74a99dcd ) It should be impossible to find the BING/MSN infected Skype installer without finding first the one that is NOT. THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR THIS EVIL EXCEPT GREED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How dare MS KEEP TRYING TO SHOVE THEIR OBVIOUSLY EVIL BING, if they have to trick you into installing it with prechecked boxes etc then it MUST BE EVIL, or people would flock to get it with it being forced on anyone with a PRECHECKED setting to install it. DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are a Microsoft house. We are a public higher ed institution and we have Skype for Bus everywhere, but there are a few places where we need to use the desktop, non business version, of Skype and I need to be able to manually install it and or update it silently via the command line/.bat file without EVER NEEDING TO WORRY ABOUT BING GETTING INSTALLED, nor MUST IT EVER ATTEMPT TO CHANGE MY HOME PAGE. NEVER EVER DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I look forward to someone posting the requested link and ask for everyone to comment on the EVIL attempt by Microsoft to FORCE BING and MSN on it customers. (They did the same thing to Silverlight installers, but at least there was a way to install it silently without the EVIL.)

Thanks in advance for all the offered help and comments,

Ralph

• Moved by Richard MuellerMVP Friday, December 15, 2017 6:53 PM Not a TechNet Wiki question
    Friday, December 15, 2017 5:23 PM

Answers

• You have asked in the wrong forum. This forum is for questions and discussions about the TechNet Wiki.

An installer could have switches, such as to install silently or without extras. Probably best to ask here:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/skype

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Friday, December 15, 2017 6:48 PM

All replies

• You have asked in the wrong forum. This forum is for questions and discussions about the TechNet Wiki.

An installer could have switches, such as to install silently or without extras. Probably best to ask here:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/skype

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Friday, December 15, 2017 6:48 PM
  • If it had switches, I tried /? /help etc, then it would show them to me, and I would use them. Or at least a simple Google for the switches would quickly show me what I need to know.

As for this not being the forum, I can't help that MS has NO FORUM for this type of question. (The Technet forums are for Techs, which I am The other forums for MS are not and MS insists on keeping the two separate, for NO GOOD REASON.) There was a forum for the business version but not for the desktop version so I put the question here.

Again, NOT MY FAULT MS HAS CHOSEN TO PUSH ITS EVIL AND IS NOT PROVIDING A WAY TO AVOID IT ETC!!

And that IS a subject that needs to be constantly talked about, in ALL AND EVERY FORUM, until they STOP PUSHING EVIL ON US. MS MUST NEVER EVER EVER EVER CHANGE A SINGLE SETTING, DEFAULT, OR BROWSER OPTION. IT MUST NEVER EVER INSTALL CRAPWARE or anything with unrelated software. BING/MSN and SKYPE DO NOT GO TOGETHER EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are total different things.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ralph

Friday, December 15, 2017 7:05 PM
  • Good day Ralph,

Please close this thread and go to the right forum as Richard mentioned. There is no reason to continue the discussion here, while the expert for this issue are in specific forum :-)

signature   Ronen Ariely
     [Personal Site]    [Blog]    [Facebook]    [Linkedin]

Saturday, December 16, 2017 11:45 AM