Offline CRM Client -- Access to Customizations? RRS feed

• Question

• I have read in Microsoft Dynamics CRM Unleased (4.0) - that "the laptop client version uses a version of the Microsoft CRM interface that is local to the laptop client... this can have major impacts on customizations because the User Interface pages delivered from the Microsoft CRM server are not sent to the client - only the data is." (p. 46)

I have seen the answers in this forum about how to enable customizations for the different clients but my question is a bit different...

I am taking it that the book means that if I customize the Nodes, Menu, Buttons, Fields, etc. that the user with the laptop version will not see these customizations if they are working offline.  Is this correct? Example, if I add a Tab to the Contacts entity will that new tab be available (assuming I enabled the customizations) when the user is working offline?  (I cannot test this because I don't yet have CRM 4.0.)

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

- Tracey

Wednesday, October 29, 2008 9:15 PM

Answers

• Any customisations you make on the CRM server are synchronised as part of the offline synchronisation process. So, after you publish some customisations, the offline user will see them the next time they synchronise with the CRM server

Wednesday, October 29, 2008 10:07 PM

All replies

• Any customisations you make on the CRM server are synchronised as part of the offline synchronisation process. So, after you publish some customisations, the offline user will see them the next time they synchronise with the CRM server

Wednesday, October 29, 2008 10:07 PM
  • Thanks!!!!!

Sunday, November 2, 2008 4:53 PM