upgrading to netgear "N" router from netgear "G RRS feed

• Question

• got new laptop with win 7, have old laptop with g card, new desktop with vista on wired ethernet to g router now. want to replace with new N router i bought. what's easiest way. I'd like to be able to run both routers, Geek shop guy said I could do that. so will it work like a switch?
    Monday, January 11, 2010 4:25 PM

Answers

• I would recommend simply replacing the current "G" router with the "N" router, not trying to run both at once.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Monday, January 11, 2010 4:30 PM
  • got new laptop with win 7, have old laptop with g card, new desktop with vista on wired ethernet to g router now. want to replace with new N router i bought. what's easiest way. I'd like to be able to run both routers, Geek shop guy said I could do that. so will it work like a switch?
    This forum is for Windows Home Server.  You should post your question in a more appropriate forum (i.e. the Netgear forums or a general help forum).

Having said that, I agree with Ken's suggestion.  :)
    Tuesday, January 12, 2010 1:07 AM

All replies

• I would recommend simply replacing the current "G" router with the "N" router, not trying to run both at once.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Monday, January 11, 2010 4:30 PM
    This forum is for Windows Home Server.  You should post your question in a more appropriate forum (i.e. the Netgear forums or a general help forum).

Having said that, I agree with Ken's suggestion.  :)
    Tuesday, January 12, 2010 1:07 AM