One Care still shows the computer that crashed RRS feed

• Question

• My old computer crashed with OneCare installed.  I bought a new computer and installed OneCare.  When it started it showed the old computer and the new computer.  The new computer was in green the old computer in red.  How do I get rid of the old computer?   Is there a way to recover that OneCare installation since the computer is dead.  These are the only computers I installed onecare on.  But I do have two other computers that the virus software is expiring and I would like to put OneCare on these computers.

Thursday, April 23, 2009 6:26 PM

Answers

• You don't need to "recover" the license as the PC is no longer active. If you install on another PC you only need to deal with the "dead" ghost listing if you get an error about too many PCs already activated, which is rare.
    That said, you can remove the listing from your Hub PC. Make any PC using OneCare for that LiveID/Subscription into a Hub (since you see the PC, you have already done this). Click on the PC in the OneCare Circle view and select "remove this PC." Sign in with your subscription LiveID and it should be removed. Again, this is optional.
    -steve 
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Thursday, April 23, 2009 7:17 PM