Private Notes RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way for a user to create a private note?  Far lesser products can do this, so I'm sure I'm missing a simple step.  If not, I guess I can add a custom entity and make it available to selected people only, but if there's an easy way to make a regular note available only to selected people, it would be better.

Thanks!

Susan

Thursday, October 16, 2008 6:52 PM

Answers

• The simplest way to do this that comes to mind would be to create a new entity called 'private notes' and a large description field on the main tab. With the entity you can then restrict the security to user-level. This also gives them the ability to share specific notes with others if desired.

Leon Tribe
    Thursday, October 16, 2008 11:33 PM

All replies

• I don't know of a built-in way of doing so in CRM, but what I personally do is put all private notes in Outlook Contacts Notes area instead.
    Thursday, October 16, 2008 7:51 PM
  • The simplest way to do this that comes to mind would be to create a new entity called 'private notes' and a large description field on the main tab. With the entity you can then restrict the security to user-level. This also gives them the ability to share specific notes with others if desired.

Leon Tribe
    Thursday, October 16, 2008 11:33 PM
  • Thanks!  I had done this,,,just thought there might be a way that I had missed in the standard structure. 

Susan

Friday, October 17, 2008 3:04 AM