Add an exception to CRM to allow forms to start executables RRS feed

• Question

• Our office voicemails are forwarded to Outlook 2007 SP2 from the server as E-mails with WAV attachments.

We use the AVST CallXpress v7.90.1960 client software to playback these voicemails. It pulls the WAV files up in a media player that is embedded in the E-mail.

CRM 4.0 (Rollup 6) is causing Outlook to give an error message whenever it tracks these voicemails. The Microsoft Forms error is "To help prevent malicious code from running, one or more objects in this form were not loaded. For more information, contact your administrator." The player is not allowed to be opened and you cannot listen to the voicemail at that point.

The only fix is to not let CRM track these E-mails (voicemails), but even so, occasionally, CRM will somehow manage to intercept these E-mails thus disabling the ability to playback the recording.

Is there a way to configure CRM to allow the media player to load?

We are using Outlook 2007 SP2 with CRM 4.0 (Rollup 6) with Windows XP SP3/Vista Business SP2.
    Monday, October 19, 2009 5:54 PM

All replies

• Hi,
    You could check a couple of things; within Settings > System Settings > General check that .wav files are not defined in the 'Set blocked file extensions for attachments' field. Check if any other file attachments get included in your voicemail emails and remove the file extension from the aforementioned accordingly if there. Secondly, check Settings > System Settings > Email and try setting 'use secure frames to restrict e-mail message content' to 'no'.

Obviously, there are security risks involved with changing the above.

One final thing, how big are your wav file attachments? If they exceed the 'Set file size limit for attachments' maximum file size, they will not be attached to the crm email. You can increase this limit in a supported way to 8192kb otherwise this can be increased further by amending the web.config but that is unsupported.

Kind Regards,
    Rob
    CRM4 MBSS
    Monday, October 19, 2009 9:43 PM
    Answerer
  • Thanks for the reply.

The WAV file extension was not listed as being blocked.

The 'Use secure frames ...' was already set to 'No'.

The file size limit for attachments was set to 5120KB, which I believe is sufficient.

I think the issue is probably the blocking of EXE, COM and MSC file extensions. I'll have to test it out.

Thanks again for your help.
    Tuesday, October 20, 2009 4:40 PM
  • I removed EXE, COM and DLL from the list of file extensions being blocked, but the the same Microsoft Forms error still comes up.

I checked the CallXpress program folder and its media player is definitely an EXE.
    Tuesday, October 20, 2009 5:44 PM