mog1 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Carl

If you could help me? I bought Windows 7 Home premium, it installed fine, I updated everything and then after this, I wanted to activate the product. It couldn´t activate, the automated activation line suggested to contact Microsoft as it may not be genuine. I went onto Micrsoft/Genuine. The website says its genuine. I have tried to enter the product ID but every time I did this,microsoft website said please try again in a few moments as it couldn´t basically process my request. Since this, I have contacted the seller, after advice taken from Amazon which is where I went online to purchase from, the seller who Amazon used is called Flowerworld! Flowerworld apologised after they read what happend, sent me Windows 7 Ultimate. The same happens with this too, although its genuine again! As I have to pay to contact Microsoft because they´re website couldn´t process my request using my Product ID, Im asking if you could kindly help?

The following code is what appeared as an explanation  for why windows could not activate: 0XC004C003

It said: The Activation determined the specified product key has been blocked.

I am asking you if you could help before I Contact Amazon to get a refund and ask for your future advice. Ps. Firstly the laptop is a spanish laptop, and secondly, the Windows I´ve been trying to install is "made in USA" does this make a difference? Thirdly, do you have your way to identify whether this windows is genuine via a method of scanning my system or something similar?

I look for forward to your response. Thank you.

mogsternut1@hotmail.com

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 8:34 PM

Answers

All replies

• In order to analyze and troubleshoot your issue, please download and run the  Microsoft Genuine Advantage Diagnostic Tool.  Then click on the  Continue  button, the  Copy  button, and then paste in this thread.  Thank you!

Carey Frisch
    Wednesday, June 29, 2011 8:56 PM
  • You do not enter a Product ID.  You enter a Product Key.  They are two very different things. 

A Product ID looks like this, 00359-112-0000007-85236

while a Product Key looks like this, MYX47-XJ43J-74XYM-BH4JX-XM76F (dummied key). 

The Product ID is generated at the time you install Windows and you can read it on the System Properties page.  The Product Key is printed on an orange or yellow label on the jewel case or box that contains the Windows dvd.  You need to use the Product Key to activate.

Make sure you are using a full license copy of Windows and not one that is marked Upgrade if you are attempting a clean installation of Windows.  An Upgrade copy of Windows requires the presense of a qualifying copy of Windows already on the hard drive when you begin the installation.

Colin Barnhorst Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on DIY with 6GB ram.
    Wednesday, June 29, 2011 9:34 PM
    Answerer
  • No reply from the Original Poster.

Issue is assumed to be resolved.
    Darin MS
    Tuesday, July 5, 2011 9:01 PM