Problem with the eMIPS Test (Migrated from community.research.microsoft.com) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone:

I followed the manual in the eMIPS package, right now, I already finished generating the bit file. But the bit file could not pass the eMIPS Test, and I am sure I did not make any mistake because I have tried several times in two computers and still the same error, can anyone help me?

My machine is Windows xp professional sp3; My software combination is Xilinx 9.2.04i Foundation + Partial Reconfiguration 14 + Planahead 10.1.8 + Visual Studio 2008; My board is ML401, the chips is the same as described.

Here is the description on my screen:
    C:\eMIPS Tests>download.exe com1: mmldiv64_test2.bin && serplexd.exe -n -s -r

download complete. 19860 bytes sent
    Will NOT attempt to use the NIC 
    Will talk to a BigEndian client (mips,ppc,....)
    Will exchange un-encoded data [‘raw’ mode].
    Console Thread...

HiMom! sp=80001e20
    GPIO
    = 00008000
    Verbose Mode

MARK
    RUNNING NON EXTENSION TEST
    Ready...
    Set....
    Go ...

Had a trap, our Extension is not loaded/enabled.
    TEST FAILED at step=i l

I notice that the GPIO and the HiMom parameters are not the same, and the bin file is not as big as the manual shows, I check the generated bit file with the file in "eMIPS Configuration" folder, they are the same size, and even though I used that bit file, it still give me the same error.

Further, I found that in the following test, some of them could be passed such as pmt.bin and  ml.bin, so I wonder what is wrong in my process?

Thank you in advance

Allen

REPLY:

If you are using the bin file from the web, that may be corrupted.  Try rebuilding from the c and s file using the following:

c_compile4.cmd mmldiv64_test2 mmldiv64_test_s

This should rebuild a working binary.

REPLY:

Dear Neil Pittman:

This is the approved thread I posted before. I will try to compile and test all the source myself.

Thank you for your kindly help and reply.

Allen

REPLY:

Dear Neil Pittman:

Right now I understand that eMIPS implements an extensible instruction on hardware I/O map and when the decoder see this new instruction, it will send the data to the extensible part.

But I am confused that in order to compile the test code, the example compile the c and the assembly code at the same time, the assembly code will be used to load and unload the extension, so I wonder how to generate the assembly code? Is it generated automatically or manually?

Best regards

Allen

Wednesday, June 22, 2011 4:51 PM