none
No TechNet subscriber priority support for SharePoint 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I was directed by the TechNet concierge service to use the pre-SharePoint 2010 for my priority support, but whenever I do so, my questions get kicked out to the SharePoint 2010 forum, where I don't get priority support.  When will that be fixed?
    Tuesday, July 20, 2010 11:23 PM

Answers

All replies

• I'm glad to see from your Title (and text) that you realise that the problem is with the TechNet subscriber system and not with (cough) me (for moving them).

You clearly appreciate that the pre-2010 SharePoint forums are not the place to post SharePoint 2010 questions and that the SharePoint 2010 forums are the place for them.

Thanks for your understanding of the fact that I can't leave any 2010 questions in the pre-2010 forums.

Mike Walsh (Moderator, pre-2010 SharePoint forums)

2010 Books: SPF 2010; SPS 2010; SPD 2010; InfoPath 2010; Workflow etc.
    2007 Books: WSS 3.0; MOSS 2007; SPD 2007; InfoPath 2007; PerformancePoint; SSRS; Workflow
    Both lists also include books in French; German; Spanish with even more languages in the 2007 list.
    Wednesday, July 21, 2010 4:34 AM
  • That's fine, I just want to know when I can get priority support instead of having to use up my call-in incidents.  Can you get this fixed for me?  If not, who can?  Thanks!

Wednesday, July 21, 2010 3:06 PM
  • That's fine, I just want to know when I can get priority support instead of having to use up my call-in incidents.  Can you get this fixed for me?  If not, who can?  Thanks!

There's a subscriber support page. Here, I wrote a Wiki article about it...

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/7548.how-to-troubleshoot-a-technet-subscription.aspx

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Monday, April 23, 2012 8:13 PM
    Owner
  • Ed,

While your reply (which you have just posted and in very rapid tact also proposed as answer and marked as answer) is a very valid reply to a question about problems in getting Tech Net subscriber subscriber support, it does NOT cover the problem this poster was having.

He had a SP 2010 question. But as there was (and probably still is not - although I haven't look at the list of supported forums recently) no SP 2010 forum included in the list of forums supported by the TechNet subscriber support program, he was told to post in a pre-SP 2010 forum as those forums are included in the list of forums supported by the TechNet subscriber support program.

But those pre-SP 2010 forums were for pre-SP 2010 questions and thus were not (and are not) for ANY SP 2010 questions - even those from people who have the right to have TechNet Subscriber support.

That - and only that - was his problem. Not "how to I use subscriber support" which is what the Wiki you wrote is about. 

By all means close this thread after 21 months of inactivity, but posting and marking a reply that is not about the actual problem here is not the way to do it. Instead why not check whether the problem has vanished because the SP 2010 forums are now included in the list of forums and post (and mark) a reply accordingly.

Mike Walsh (ex-Moderator pre-SP 2010 forums) 

SP 2010 "FAQ" (mainly useful links): http://wssv4faq.mindsharp.com/default.aspx
    WSS3/MOSS FAQ (FAQ and Links) http://wssv3faq.mindsharp.com/default.aspx
    Both also have links to extensive book lists and to (free) on-line chapters

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 5:59 AM
  • Tact... I was annoying people more by replying and waiting. So far marking has gotten less complaints, but I'm willing to go back. I'll wait and see. So far, you're the first to complain about this method.

Why I linked to that article... That goes in depth to how to get in contact with Subscriptions, which is what this issue is about. Basically, there's no Subscriptions forum, so people bring their Subscriptions issues here. That Wiki article exists to as a process for where to take Subscriptions issues. I clarified that in the Wiki article.

The pre-SP 2010 issue... Fortunately you shed about 20 times more light on what the issue was than what was previously implied but never specified. So thank you.

Here's another reason to link to that article. Neither of you linked to the page that you referred to (that lists the forums that apply). However, the link is in the Wiki article (which is the point of a Wiki article, to be exhuastive in the resources it provides) took me here:

http://technet.microsoft.com/subscriptions/ms788697.aspx

I still don't see the SP2010 forums represented there. Do you?

So the process to get them represented is to contact the Subscriptions team. Here's an exerpt from the Wiki article...

Contact the Subscription Team

There is no Subscription forum. However, if you'd like to contact Subscriptions, you can make requests to them, such as to add other forums into their program (see the list here).

Contact Hours:
    5:30 a.m. to
    5:30 p.m.
    Pacific Time
    Monday – Friday, except holidays

(800) 344-2121

tsubserv@microsoft.com

Those are for the US and Canada. And then all the other resources are for the other countries.

Find the specific country information here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/subscriptions/bb856399

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 9:48 PM
    Owner
  • In regards to marking I agree with Mike - wait for a week after proposing an answer before marking it. Also, some other moderators can see your answer and mark it or the OP can respond.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 12:34 AM

http://technet.microsoft.com/subscriptions/ms788697.aspx

I still don't see the SP2010 forums represented there. Do you?

So the process to get them represented is to contact the Subscriptions team. Here's an exerpt from the Wiki article...

Contact the Subscription Team

There is no Subscription forum. However, if you'd like to contact Subscriptions, you can make requests to them, such as to add other forums into their program (see the list here).

Contact Hours:
    5:30 a.m. to
    5:30 p.m.
    Pacific Time
    Monday – Friday, except holidays

(800) 344-2121

tsubserv@microsoft.com

Those are for the US and Canada. And then all the other resources are for the other countries.

Find the specific country information here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/subscriptions/bb856399

I know it's an old thread but nothing has changed yet in the last 18 months :-(.

Without getting any responses from the MSFT's on the 2010 threads I contacted the TechNet concierge as the OP did and was advised to post in pre 2010 forums. Have an open ticket with Technet Subscription team over a month...I was quite surprised seeing this and other threads open for long - as the staff members I've spoken to seemed were not aware of the issue (hmm..so I was not the 1st person to report this).

May be 'Technet priority support' would start supporting SharePoint 2015 (not 2010) :-)

BlueSky2010
    Please help and appreciate others by using forum features: "Propose As Answer", "Vote As Helpful" and "Mark As Answer"

Monday, June 18, 2012 7:06 PM
  •  I contacted the TechNet concierge as the OP did and was advised to post in pre 2010 forums. 

Clearly MS are giving people the job of TechNet concierge without the necessary skills. I have the impression from this that Apple regard the concierge function as important and MS don't.

Similar I've seen MS people assigned to those forums responding to posts in the "Which forum is right" forum with incorrect suggestions and also responding to posts moved to the Off-Topic forum by suggesting the forum that the thread was moved to Off-Topic FROM. These wrong suggestions have also included sending SP 2010 questions to a (or many) pre-SP 2010 forums.

>May be 'Technet priority support' would start supporting SharePoint 2015 (not 2010) :-)

On past experience it seems more likely that they will wait for SP 2013 (my guess) to come out and then start supporting the SP 2010 forums ....  However if we are really lucky the SP 2010 forums will have a name change so that even SP 2013 questions can go there (but then what's the chance of those 2010/2013 forums being included in TechNet Subscriber support?)

SP 2010 "FAQ" (mainly useful links): http://wssv4faq.mindsharp.com/default.aspx
    WSS3/MOSS FAQ (FAQ and Links) http://wssv3faq.mindsharp.com/default.aspx
    Both also have links to extensive book lists and to (free) on-line chapters

Friday, June 22, 2012 10:32 AM
  • Clearly MS are giving people the job of TechNet concierge without the necessary skills. I have the impression from this that Apple regard the concierge function as important and MS don't.

Similar I've seen MS people assigned to those forums responding to posts in the "Which forum is right" forum with incorrect suggestions and also responding to posts moved to the Off-Topic forum by suggesting the forum that the thread was moved to Off-Topic FROM. These wrong suggestions have also included sending SP 2010 questions to a (or many) pre-SP 2010 forums.

I'm not finding their support line any better (compared to the concierge :-() - my struggle continues to explain (to the 4th person) why SP2010 forums aren't included in this link: http://technet.microsoft.com/subscriptions/ms788697.aspx?

BlueSky2010
    Please help and appreciate others by using forum features: "Propose As Answer", "Vote As Helpful" and "Mark As Answer"

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 3:17 PM