OneCare_2572 password needed to complete connection RRS feed

• Question

• Help!! Lady in Distress

My network connection is looking for a password that I threw away months ago ....go ahead and snicker....It says that I'm connected to my boyfriend's computer through OneCare_2572 and it shows a straightup strength signal (better not snicker). However, it's requires a password in order to complete the connection.

Boyfriend is braindead about computer issues...(I'll snicker with you on this one)

Any help out there?

Tuesday, July 22, 2008 6:58 PM

Answers

1. On the computer that you used to help secure the wireless network, click Change Settings.
    2. On Firewall tab, click Advanced settings.
    3. On the Network connections tab, click your wireless network, and then click Details.
    4. The SSID and network key appear in the Security Information area.

-steve
    Thursday, September 4, 2008 1:27 PM

All replies

• Without knowing how your computer is configured to connect to the internet I'll guess you are sharing an internet connection through his computer. If this is correct the password you need is the password to his computer to complete the connection.

Tuesday, July 22, 2008 7:28 PM
  • I moved your post to the WiFi Security topic since I'm assuming that the OneCare_2572 might be the wireless network that OneCare configured for you.

How is your computer connected to the Internet?

What is the exact message presented when you are seeing this password prompt?

-steve

Wednesday, July 23, 2008 3:46 PM
  • im having the same problem im connected through onecare_5365 and when i go to connect to the internet (wireless) it presents me with the message that i need the WEP code to connect to the internet.

Tuesday, September 2, 2008 11:56 PM
    1. On the computer that you used to help secure the wireless network, click Change Settings.
    2. On Firewall tab, click Advanced settings.
    3. On the Network connections tab, click your wireless network, and then click Details.
    4. The SSID and network key appear in the Security Information area.

-steve
    Thursday, September 4, 2008 1:27 PM
  • My "Details" link is greyed out and I cannot select it.  Any ideas?

Thanks
    Jared
    Wednesday, November 5, 2008 10:30 PM
  • Hello Jared, if "Details" is grayed out the most likely reason is that your wireless connection was secured before One Care was installed. You can view your key on the router setup page.

Wednesday, November 5, 2008 10:57 PM
  • this is going to sound dumb but how do I get to the router setup page? Smile

Thanks

Jared

Wednesday, November 5, 2008 11:04 PM
  • That will depend on your router. Your router documentation will explain what IP address you need to enter in the web browser and also what the login name and password are for the administration pages.

-steve

Thursday, November 6, 2008 2:32 AM