Error While Preparaing Schema during Installation RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Experts,

I tried to install the Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 Enterprise edition on Windows Server 2003 SP2 machine and it has AD in the same machine, During the setup i get an error while "preparing the Active Directory Schema" using the following link from the CD Setup

Deploy Pools in a Consolidated Topology -> Prepare Active Directory -> Prep Schema

While preparing the "Active Directory Schema” it asks for the schema file and i set the option to default location from the setup folder and at the end i get the following message "Schema Preparation Wizard has failed". When i checked the log for Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 setup it says that “Access is denied".

Can anyone tell me which topology will be better for installing the OCS and also how to solve this problem.

Thanks

Siva@PTPL
    Friday, January 2, 2009 4:25 AM

All replies

• What topology is best for you depends on a lot of factors, but a Consolidated EE Topology is pretty typical.

To extend the AD schema you need to be logged on as a user who has membership in the Schema Admins and Enterprise Admins AD groups.
    Friday, January 2, 2009 9:50 PM
  • Hi Tom,

The user is already a member of the Schema admins and Enterprise Admins AD groups. the problem is when the user tries to prepare the schema using the schema.ldf file from the  setup folder in the CD and the log generated mentions that the access is denied for this file.

Do you have any idea why this error is coming ?

Siva@PTPL
    Saturday, January 3, 2009 4:44 AM