none
Right click defaults to delete RRS feed

• Question

• Every so often I open a file and as I close it I get a box asking if I would like to send the file to the recycle bin. If I say no it ignores me and asks the question again. I have taken to closing the box using task manager which interestingly enough opens a new task every time I click no.

This problem seems to be associated with the right click because using only the left click I seem to avoid the problem.

I have run a complete virus scan using NOD 32 and on one occasion managed to shut the offending window by disconnecting from the internet.

I have done a google search using the above subject heading but as I am unaware of the exact problem it is difficult to recognise the answer.

Grateful for any thoughts.

MrGig
    Monday, May 16, 2011 5:38 AM

Answers

• Ohhh, no.  That small "Ask a Question" area is there to allow you to search for thread that may already give you the answer to your question. 

If after you have entered something in the search area and have clicked the "Ask" button, you will then see a button at the bottom of the page that will allow you to create your own new thread.

Basically this forces people to search existing threads (that may already answer their question) before creating a new thread.

Darin MS
    Wednesday, May 18, 2011 9:53 PM
  •  

MrGig

This problem doesn't appear to be connected to Windows Genuine problems - please repost your query in a more appropriate forum - I would suggest the Windows Answers forums here...

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Monday, May 16, 2011 7:42 AM

All replies

•  

MrGig

This problem doesn't appear to be connected to Windows Genuine problems - please repost your query in a more appropriate forum - I would suggest the Windows Answers forums here...

--

Monday, May 16, 2011 7:42 AM
  • Hi Noel

Thank you for that direction.

I did follow the link and ended up in a place where it seemed that I was supposed to ask my question in a "slit." It felt a bit oppressive and so I didn't bother.

Is there a forum like this one where I can get a few comfortable acres of real estate to play on?

Forgive me if I have just gone Liliputian.. hope it is not a punishment for being a slow learner.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011 5:46 AM
  • Hi Noel

Thank you for that direction.

I did follow the link and ended up in a place where it seemed that I was supposed to ask my question in a "slit." It felt a bit oppressive and so I didn't bother.

Is there a forum like this one where I can get a few comfortable acres of real estate to play on?

Forgive me if I have just gone Liliputian.. hope it is not a punishment for being a slow learner.

There's as much space in the Answers forums as there is here - it just doesn't look like it - the entry-form will scroll as required, allowing something like 6000 characters before it runs out of room.

--

Wednesday, May 18, 2011 6:32 AM
  • Ohhh, no.  That small "Ask a Question" area is there to allow you to search for thread that may already give you the answer to your question. 

If after you have entered something in the search area and have clicked the "Ask" button, you will then see a button at the bottom of the page that will allow you to create your own new thread.

Basically this forces people to search existing threads (that may already answer their question) before creating a new thread.

Darin MS
    Wednesday, May 18, 2011 9:53 PM
  • Cool thanks Darin.

I think I have this thing with Microsoft. It seems to me they are only too happy to take our money but when it comes to back-up they hand it over to the forums. When I come here therefore it is not with a sense of "happy happy.. everything is fine." More like "Oh no here's another Paypal/ ebay type greedy monster..what new surprises have they got in store for me so that they can sidestep their support obligations?"

No matter.. Bill is big and I am little.. I know my place. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JSahEDRjvw.

Thanks Darin however for taking some of the pain away.. I will follow along dutifully and respectfully :-)

Thursday, May 19, 2011 7:13 AM