none
No longer genuine on Vista Ultimate RTM (From connect.microsoft.com) RRS feed

  • Question

  • I already posted this in another thread, but I figured if I threw up a new one, it may get noticed more.

    So, I was part of the Vista/Longhorn Server/IE7 technical beta, and was provided a Vista Ultimate retail key and copy of the Vista RTM final DVD back in November. I've been using it on the same machine since then, and only once have I had problems activating it after reinstalling the second time, when I was testing the usefulness of Bitlocker on my desktop machine. A quick phone call to the Activation helpline resolved that.

    The problem I'm getting now is that when I attempt to download anything with Genuine Advantage tacked on, it reports that Vista is not activated. I then lose the "genuine" status, and after a reboot, Vista goes into RFM, cutting off access to Aero, and essentially warning me that Vista is no longer genuine.

    I am also a Technet Plus Direct subscriber, and for troubleshooting purposes I tried a Technet key in replacement to my own. After a reboot, Vista is "genuine" again, and I can download files fine from Microsoft's site. Genuine Advantage works fine this way. If I swap my original key back, Vista activates okay, Windows Update works again, and everything is fine until I try to download from Microsoft's Genuine Advantage site - I then run into the same issue again.

    This was working fine the day before yesterday, and since then, no software has been installed or updates have been executed. For testing/eval purposes, I had activated a Technet copy of Windows XP under a Virtual PC 2007 VM on this computer in that timeframe, but I don't think that would have anything to do with it.

    I can't just use the Technet key, because that's for evaluation purposes only, and I use this machine for home/office stuff as well. I can essentially work around this, but in doing so, I break my license agreement. Furthermore, not everyone else is lucky enough to have additional legit Ultimate keys just "lying around".

    The error message on the Genuine Advantage site is this:

    [0xC004C4A6]

    The output of MCADiag.exe is this:

    Diagnostic Report (1.5.0723.1):
    -----------------------------------------
    WGA Data-->
    Validation Status: Invalid License
    Detailed Status: 0x0
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-7JKP7-M7HDB-WRC6M
    Windows Product Key Hash: 1pOJXuyqyaFGRk49HyiAQA4oYHI=
    Windows Product ID: 89580-014-0041162-71465
    Windows Product ID Type: 5
    Windows License Type: Retail
    Windows OS version: 6.0.6000.2.00010100.0.0.001
    ID: ac7eb1fb-aa89-48d3-a01d-d527e9798730
    Is Admin: No
    AutoDial:
    Registry: 0x0
    WGA Version: Registered, 1.5.723.1
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Product Name: Windows Vista (TM) Ultimate
    Architecture: 0x00000000
    Build lab: 6000.vista_rtm.061101-2205
    TTS Error:
    Validation Diagnostic:
    Resolution Status: N/A

    Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: N/A
    File Exists: No
    Version: N/A
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

    OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 100 Genuine
    OGA Version: Registered, 1.6.18.0
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Office Diagnostics: B4D0AA8B-530-645_77F760FE-150-80070002_7E90FEE8-175-80070002_025D1FF3-138-80041010_025D1FF3-324-80040154_025D1FF3-269-80040154_025D1FF3-273-80070002_672A8F41-307-80004005_672A8F41-349-80004005_672A8F41-244-80004005

    Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

    File Scan Data-->

    Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>ac7eb1fb-aa89-48d3-a01d-d527e9798730</UGUID><Version>1.5.0723.1</Version><OS>6.0.6000.2.00010100.0.0.001</OS><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-WRC6M</PKey><PID>89580-014-0041162-71465</PID><PIDType>5</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-710327913-89780043-3894005102</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.</Manufacturer><Model>965P-DS4</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>Award Software International, Inc.</Manufacturer><Version>F8</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="4"/><Date>20070108000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS><HWID>6F323507018400FA</HWID><UserLCID>0C09</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>E. Australia Standard Time(GMT+10:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>3</stat><msppid></msppid><name></name><model></model></SBID><OEM/></MachineData>   <Software><Office><Result>100</Result><Products><Product GUID="{91120000-002E-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE}"><LegitResult>100</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office Ultimate 2007</Name><Ver>12</Ver><Val>1A11C3466644EBA</Val><Hash>BvhIVfVlCo15pl0Qva0Q2fdaNHA=</Hash><Pid>81608-861-1902655-65734</Pid><PidType>8</PidType></Product><Product GUID="{91120000-0051-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE}"><LegitResult>100</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office Visio Professional 2007</Name><Ver>12</Ver><Val>454D7B715DE76BA</Val><Hash>k4HvZboiudAZ0fIM0gr3+QajRT4=</Hash><Pid>84890-861-2544643-63606</Pid><PidType>8</PidType></Product></Products></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

     

    Saturday, February 10, 2007 10:06 AM

Answers

  • Hello,

    Could you try phone activating to see if that would solve the issue.  You can open a command prompt and enter

    slui 4

    Then go through the prompts.  Let me know how this works out, please.  Thank you!

    Monday, February 12, 2007 6:51 PM