UWFMGR with an automatically updated clickonce application RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have an automatically updated ClickOnce application on a remotely located PC which is protected by the Windows 10 UWFMGR

I have attempted to un-protect the folder where the application is installed but as far as I can see (please correct me if I am wrong) the UWFMGR does not un-protect the contents of the sub folders.

Since the ClickOnce application creates a new directory when it is updated I cant see how to get the application to update without disabling the UWFMGR before the update and enabling the UWFMGR after the update which is difficult to do a  remote device.

Is there a way to un-protect a directory and it's sub-directory (even if not created yet) using UWFMGR

OR

Is there a way to disable the UWFMGR before updating and the enabling it after the update given that a restart is required via the UWFMGR before the is actually disabled and enabled

Thanks all

Monday, January 6, 2020 12:31 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Mani81,
    About how to disable or enable the UWFMGR, you can execute the command to achieve it.
    More details you can refer to this document.
    [Unified Write Filter (UWF) feature]
    Best Regards,
    Daniel Zhang 

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, January 7, 2020 9:40 AM
  • Or you can ask further questions here:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-us/home?forum=win10itprogeneral

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Tuesday, January 7, 2020 1:14 PM
  • Thank you for the help,

Given that ClickOnce applications are created in a new directory each time they are updated (Correct me if I am wrong) I cannot find any documentation in the link on how to up-rotect directories and their sub-directories (even if not created yet)

Is there a way to un-protect a directory and it's sub-directory (even if not created yet) using UWFMGR?

Tuesday, January 7, 2020 9:54 PM