Network Policy Server - Is it required? If so is there a quick setup/how-to? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all, Network Policy Server has been added/in every load by default that I have loaded up with VAIL so far, but I've never used it or set it up?! 

Am I missing something here, everything is working fine, and I can get to my server from the internet, Filewise at least, I am having difficulty connecting to PC's however, is this the problem? If this is required please just let me know, and if so if' there's a quick primer/how to -setup please just point me to it?!

Monday, October 25, 2010 4:54 AM

Answers

• You should leave it alone. The components installed, and how they are configured, are set by Microsoft for use in Vail. changing anything without some significant understanding of the tools you're working with is likely to result in a need to flatten your server.

You can learn more about the various features of Windows Server 2008, along with some very basic information on how to use them, on Technet.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    • Marked as answer by Toyster Tuesday, October 26, 2010 3:30 AM
    Monday, October 25, 2010 3:27 PM

All replies

• You should leave it alone. The components installed, and how they are configured, are set by Microsoft for use in Vail. changing anything without some significant understanding of the tools you're working with is likely to result in a need to flatten your server.

You can learn more about the various features of Windows Server 2008, along with some very basic information on how to use them, on Technet.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    • Marked as answer by Toyster Tuesday, October 26, 2010 3:30 AM
    Monday, October 25, 2010 3:27 PM
  • Thanks Ken, I was getting that idea...I messed/played with it once and things went haywire, so I'll mark it "no touchie" :-)
    Tuesday, October 26, 2010 3:29 AM