File transfer speeds & disconnecting RRS feed

• Question

•  

I have two issues with transferring large files to my HP Windows Home Server.  First when transferring files from my Vista Ultimate box the connection will drop after a couple of minutes (3+Gig file).  I can log into the Windows Home Server (RDP) and transfer the file which will work (it never times out), but in either case the transfer speeds are only about 3% (3.25 megs a second) on a gigabit network on both sides.  I have both boxes connected to the same managed switch which give no indication of any errors on either nic.  Any suggestions would be helpful.

I am running the latest driver for my Gigabyte Motherboard [GA-P35-DQ6] with the Realtek RTL8168B/8111B Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC (v6.200.1130.2007) fyi I also have the same syptom on my IBM Notebook (Gig) Nic as well...

Saturday, January 5, 2008 7:58 PM

Answers

• There is a known issue with transfer speed on whs... the whs mods have replicated the issue and hopefully we will have a fix soon.  The board is dotted with people speaking on this issue....

Sunday, January 6, 2008 2:21 AM

All replies

• Probably this a client NIC driver or setting issue. Try and find stable Vista driver for your NIC, or change NIC to one that is known to be 100 % Vista compatible

Saturday, January 5, 2008 8:06 PM
  •  mkymsed wrote:
    I have two issues with transferring large files to my HP Windows Home Server.  First when transferring files from my Vista Ultimate box the connection will drop after a couple of minutes (3+Gig file).  I can log into the Windows Home Server (RDP) and transfer the file which will work (it never times out), but in either case the transfer speeds are only about 3% (3.25 megs a second) on a gigabit network on both sides.  I have both boxes connected to the same managed switch which give no indication of any errors on either nic.  Any suggestions would be helpful.

I am running the latest driver for my Gigabyte Motherboard [GA-P35-DQ6] with the Realtek RTL8168B/8111B Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC (v6.200.1130.2007) fyi I also have the same syptom on my IBM Notebook (Gig) Nic as well...

Is it a WS2K3 driver?

Saturday, January 5, 2008 11:35 PM
  • There is a known issue with transfer speed on whs... the whs mods have replicated the issue and hopefully we will have a fix soon.  The board is dotted with people speaking on this issue....

Sunday, January 6, 2008 2:21 AM