none
How to follow comment in only one blog post? RRS feed

• Question

• The RSS seems can only follow entire blog, and entire blog comments, but not an individual blog post comment.  Some people only interested in one post's comment, and doesn't know how to follow that post's comments properly through RSS or any other method.
    Thursday, September 11, 2014 12:50 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

If you open the post in a separate window, you will see the RSS icon to the right of the post title:

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join ('6F6C646B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Thursday, September 11, 2014 2:43 PM
  • If you are asking about forum posts, then Just Karl has the solution. If you are asking about TechNet Blogs, then I see no solution. It looks like you can only request RSS notifications for all blogs, not any individual blog, or even a category of blogs. I personally check a category of blogs, so I can monitor new activity (including comments) more easily. I monitor "Wiki Ninjas - Official Blog of TechNet Wiki". I don't even know how to select any other category, except to open a relevant blog post and click on the breadcrumb for the category I want.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Thursday, September 11, 2014 3:54 PM
  • Thanks, Richard.

I completely missed the 4 "Blog"s in the original post :)

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join ('6F6C646B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Thursday, September 11, 2014 4:09 PM
  • I actually found the answer!  In MSDN blog post, "Comments" actually links to a RSS feed, such as http://blogs.msdn.com/b/webdev/rsscomments.aspx?WeblogPostID=10557171.  Some blogs will also have the RSS icon besides the "Comments" link, which makes it obvious.

Sorry that I completely missed it yesterday.

Thursday, September 11, 2014 4:40 PM