connector not working after change from trial to paid key RRS feed

• Question

• I have two home servers and updated my software from the 30 day trail version by reinstalling software.  After server update all home computers were not connected anymore.  Went to the homepage of the server 55000 and downloaded the connector and successfully install and connected all computers EXCEPT one.

Out of 15 computers, one will not reinstall the software.  When I start the connector software it finds the right home server but stops and displays the error message: "The files were not downloaded from your home server.  Please verify that your network connection is active and that your Windows Home server is powered on.  Then restart this wizard."

I've followed the "Troubleshooting Windows Home Server Connector Installation" abstract from 2007.  No errors or problems exist.

No changes were made to the home computer between the reinstall of the Home Server software.

The computer with the error has backup copies on the Home Server which I've also tried loading just in case a window update was applied but with no success.

I also have another computer with the same hardware and operating system which reinstalled the connector software with no issues.

Any ideas?
    Monday, November 30, 2009 3:48 PM

Answers

• Thanks for the suggestion...tried but no success.  No matter which server I choose, it has the same error.

Forgot to mention my client pc is running Windows XP.

Checked NetBIOS was working between the client and the server.  It was not installed on either machine.  Installed, but no different outcome.

Thanks

Okay...don't know what made it work this time.  I copied and pasted the files from the server's software to my desktop and ran the file setup.exe.

I'm connected now.

• Marked as answer by raadon Monday, November 30, 2009 5:27 PM
    Monday, November 30, 2009 5:18 PM

All replies

• Try copying the files from the server's software share and running them locally.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Monday, November 30, 2009 4:57 PM
  • Thanks for the suggestion...tried but no success.  No matter which server I choose, it has the same error.

Forgot to mention my client pc is running Windows XP.

Checked NetBIOS was working between the client and the server.  It was not installed on either machine.  Installed, but no different outcome.

Thanks

Okay...don't know what made it work this time.  I copied and pasted the files from the server's software to my desktop and ran the file setup.exe.

I'm connected now.

• Marked as answer by raadon Monday, November 30, 2009 5:27 PM
    Monday, November 30, 2009 5:18 PM